What should I know abount rental property purchases?

What should I know abount rental property purchases?

New to Real Estate · Madison, WI · Member since 2020 · 68 posts · 16 votes

I was told that in some FL counties there is an owner occupancy requirement before you can rent out units. Is this true and how can you long distance REI here?

1Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    @Account Closed

    I have heard this as a requirement from certain HOAs but I have not heard about this as a requirement for an entire county.

  • New to Real Estate · Madison, WI · Member since 2020 · 68 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    The person who told me was my brother...he isn't a REI but he has lived in the Pensacola area for quit a while. I'll look further into it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 307 votes
    5y

    Hi @Account Closed, there is no requirement for owner occupancy prior to renting your property in escambia county(Pensacola).  I am a real estate agent here and I have short and long term rentals.  I actually have not run into an hoa with that requirement either but do know of several that do not allow short term rentals at all. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.