Looking for new Home in Merced, Madera area. Do I need an agent?

Looking for new Home in Merced, Madera area. Do I need an agent?

Member since 2019 · 63 posts · 3 votes

I am looking to buy a new home in Merced or Madera area. Do I need an agent to buy a new home? What is the reason to have an agent for a new home and how do I know which agent is good or not? Thanks

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Merced, CA · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 115 votes
5y

@Charles D.

If you're looking in Merced you owe it to yourself to speak with Araceli Gomez of Property Team.

Go ahead and ask her tough questions, such as: Do I need an agent to buy a new construction home?

I can't answer that question but any agent should sell their services to a prospective client. I've never bought new so I'm a little ignorant in that area. I always have bought ugly homes and rehabbed them. Araceli has been our agent in multiple flips & primary residences.

Best of luck to you!

TJ

You can mention me & BP...she's familiar with it

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Merced, CA · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 115 votes
    5y

    @Charles D.

    If you're looking in Merced you owe it to yourself to speak with Araceli Gomez of Property Team.

    Go ahead and ask her tough questions, such as: Do I need an agent to buy a new construction home?

    I can't answer that question but any agent should sell their services to a prospective client. I've never bought new so I'm a little ignorant in that area. I always have bought ugly homes and rehabbed them. Araceli has been our agent in multiple flips & primary residences.

    Best of luck to you!

    TJ

    You can mention me & BP...she's familiar with it

  • DJ DawsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 394 posts · 259 votes
    5y

    @Charles D. you ABSOLUTLEY should have an agent when buying!!!!

    1. fiduciary responsibility, somebody who OWES it to you to have your back and ensure you are covered from any unintended mistakes

    2. avoid the double ender, if the seller owns the proprety AND represents the seller, while it isnt illegal by any means, if its between his wallet and you , who will he side with?

    3. local expertise, buyers agents typically know quite a bit about the area you are buying and why not put a few heads together and brains storm this thing out

    4. and FINALLY...ITS FREE!!! Sellers pay the buyers agent , not you! this can be reason enough for some people but if not see 1-3 to sway you.

    While I would be happy to assist you in Merced ( I have helped mutliple buyers and sellers in merced this year) I am in Sacramento, so I think it would be best to refer you to a more local agent whocan cover you all the way down to Madera. 

    Let me know if you would like me to connect :)

    best of luck

  • Member since 2019 · 63 posts · 3 votes
    5y
    I am looking at the KB home in Madera. They have not built it yet. How does the work with a real estate agent if I want to reserve one now? Thanks
  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 41 votes
    5y

    One thing I would recommend even with a new home is paying for an inspection.  You wouldn't think you would need this with a new home, but I can tell you from experience that it's helpful.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.