Smaller personal loans to finance a BRRRR

Smaller personal loans to finance a BRRRR

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Looking for help with financing a brrrr.

I have cash to cover all but 30k.

Where should I look to finance this amount of money?

Friends and family don’t have the resources. 

I am mostly worried about securing financing that would interfere or hinder the refi. 
And waiting to save the extra 30k the deal will be long gone. 

My gut tells me to look into a personal loan and to pay it off with the refinance. 

Thanks I’m advance for any help or responses.

1Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    A lot of people may consider these options borderline reckless, but I've used the following sources at different points in time:

    Credit Cards - You can cash advance or pay suppliers directly.

    Personal Loans - I've used the following: Prosper, Lending Club, SoFi, Best Egg, Discover Personal Loans, USAA Personal Loans (these are by far the simplest, if you're a member). Just about any bank or credit union will have some type of personal loan, but many want you to use them for debt consolidation or some other defined purpose. Most don't like to hear that it's for an investment. Once you own the home, many are OK if it's for "home improvement" though. You could also spend on the CC and then refinance into the personal loan, if the only one you qualify for is debt consolidation.

    Title Loan/Car Refinance - If you own a car free and clear, you can borrow against it. I've done this through my credit union, which provided much better rates than the title loan companies that specialize in this.

    I'm not saying any of these are a great idea. It would be much safer to save the additional capital or to take on a partner. I have used all of them in the past though.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Specialist · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2020 · 200 posts · 105 votes
    5y

    @Kyle Maio Have you thought about using your cash towards a 20% down commercial loan with an LLC, doing the rehab, and then refinance to get cash out to reinvest into the next one.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thanks, awesome answer 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.