Florida Market? Best areas for Long Term Rentals?

Florida Market? Best areas for Long Term Rentals?

Investor · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 18 votes

I am seeking insight from investors and realtors about the pros and cons of Florida’s Current Market.

I am actively looking to purchase a long term rental, and searching for cities in Florida that fit the criteria of exceptional long term rental properties. cash on Cash returns , cash flow, and appreciation. Jacksonville? Mayport? Orlando? Tampa bay? Would love to connect with some investors and realtors out in the area to work with now. Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!

4Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Treasure Island, FL · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 42 votes
5y

@Eric Alvarez

Hello Eric,

The Tampa Bay Area, specifically Pinellas County beaches and downtown St Petersburg are solid areas for investment consideration. All key indicators are positive year over year. I own multi-family units in the beach areas and the rent demand is high and property appreciation is positive year over year. I recently opened a brokerage that focuses on investment properties and would be happy to assist!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee, Daytona Beach & Cocoa Beach · Member since 2016 · 331 posts · 166 votes
    5y

    Hi. We are in Orlando. They prices are sky high at this moment, and we do not really buy, but sell at this point. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Treasure Island, FL · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 42 votes
    5y

    @Eric Alvarez

    Hello Eric,

    The Tampa Bay Area, specifically Pinellas County beaches and downtown St Petersburg are solid areas for investment consideration. All key indicators are positive year over year. I own multi-family units in the beach areas and the rent demand is high and property appreciation is positive year over year. I recently opened a brokerage that focuses on investment properties and would be happy to assist!

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Valentina Naumenko

    Great to meet you. Are there any particular cities in Florida you’d recommend investors that are seeking long term rentals to AVOID? Are there any turnkey companies you would recommend?

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Cynthia McGathey

    I appreciate your response Cynthia.

    Please check your inbox.

  • Real Estate Broker · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    Hi Eric,

    Jacksonville still has some great areas to purchase long term rentals, although the market is competitive right now. Areas like Murray Hill and surrounding (zip codes 32205 and 32210), Springfield (zip code 32206), and Arlington (zip codes 32211 and 32277) still have properties come up offering good cash flow. 

    The Atlantic Beach area where the Mayport Base is located wouldn't give great cashflows, but if you were to find something distressed it could be a great opportunity for a flip. 

    If you have any questions about investing in Jacksonville and surrounding please feel free to send them my way.

    Jeff Boyer

    AgentChase Real Estate

  • Lake Elsinore, CA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 22 votes
    5y

    Hi Eric,

    I have been analyzing deals on the MLS and none of the deals in the areas I have been looking (south and west of Orlando) even meet the 1% rule (let alone 2% or more). I too am trying to find the right market but so far I am not finding the right numbers.

    Regards,

    Justin

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 90 votes
    5y

    @Eric Alvarez

    For long-term rentals I personally like the Lakeland area. It’s between Orlando and Tampa, it’s a strong rental market and has been steadily appreciating.

    I own 3 properties there and have all done very well. You can still find deals with the 1% rule without too much trouble.

    Happy to share more information if needed.

    Serena

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Justin Mann

    I appreciate your response Justin. Please check your inbox.

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Serena Kim

    Mrs. Kim,

    I appreciate your response. I’m interested in learning more. Could you please check your inbox? Thank you very much.

    Very Respectfully,

    Eric Alvarez

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.