Buyers agent threatening legal action - what a joke.

Buyers agent threatening legal action - what a joke.

Investor · Lucas, TX · Member since 2010 · 620 posts · 352 votes

I'm selling a property and just wanted to share with you guys the fun I have been having with my buyer and her buyers agent. I think it's the agent that is the one with the problem.

First of all they tried to use the inspection report to get me to come down on the price by 10% because it was full of nit picky things like the warning label sticker on the garage door spring had worn off. I didn't budge on the price and the buyer decided to move forward with the purchase anyway.

Then my realtor forget to send along a signed affidavit with our copy of the survey to the title company so the buyers agent orders a new survey at my expense rather than asking for the missing paperwork. Whatever ..

Next she starts threatening to take me to court because I said on the sellers disclosure that I had not had any work done on the property that required city permits. Apparently she thinks resurfacing a pool requires a permit. I checked with the city, it doesn't.

Now she is asking for warranties from companies I used to do repairs. Ha! that's not in the contract lady and I am no mood to be accommodating anymore.

Also I had offered verbally to reface the kitchen cabinets but it wasn't written into the contract. She says they won't close until it is done. I am going to do it anyway because I am a man of my word.

I don't understand why this realtor is being such a beatch and making the deal more difficult than it needs to be. Either she doesn't want the sale to go through and collect on her commission or she is on some sort of self delusional crusade to represent her buyers interests.

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
13y

You misspelled "beatch".

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    13y

    You misspelled "beatch".

  • Investor · Lucas, TX · Member since 2010 · 620 posts · 352 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by George P.:
    You misspelled "beatch".

    Au contraire.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beatch

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    Robert Steele - I would have gone for this one:

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=be-atch%21

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2012 · 210 posts · 15 votes
    13y

    Maybe she is just inexperienced (e.g. the warning sticker part seemed a bit ludicrous).

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Some people are just like that. They are usually engineers, its a mix of OCD, no social skills and a lack of understanding of what really matters to the actual parties involved.

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Regarding "Next she starts threatening to take me to court..." that's about when, if it were in person and I was at my van, I would pull out the forms binder and say here you go, you can use these! I carry various forms in a 3 ring binder in my van. Offer forms, binder forms, blank lease, summary ejectment, magistrate summons, 'Certificate of Payment/Satisfaction of Judgment' form (hey, gotta stay optimistic;)

    But I'd also ask, 'what is the charge?' The real question to ask is are these buyers really worth it? Hopefully you have some consideration in your contract. If/when they fail to perform, you'll at least have some benefit. If the offer has a loan contingency, I'd call up the buyer's broker and ask for status. Make sure the buyers broker isn't dropping the ball.

  • Investor · Lucas, TX · Member since 2010 · 620 posts · 352 votes
    13y

    Chris Martin it's a cash buyer. I have $5K earnest money.

    Tim G. Hey now! I'm an engineer ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Ooops! Can you tell who I was dealing with the day I posted that.

    Sorry!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.