How do I approach an off market property owner?

How do I approach an off market property owner?

Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 4 votes

I found an abandoned house that was a rental property about a year ago (according to the neighbors). It is a brick ranch with tons of potential but needs a MAJOR rehad. I was able to see the inside because the front door is open---it is rough. I looked up the owner and she is in her 70s. I found her phone number and address. What would be the best way to approach her? Should I use mail, phone, or just go to her house? Thanks in advance! Best wishes.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 564 votes
    5y

    There are seasoned hunters on BP that may have better advice, but I would use the mail first. Maybe a couple of mailers spread out over a couple of weeks, you can really personalize it since you're not mass mailing. Then if no response, calling a few times. Then for sure just door knocking. I'd approach it slowly though and not too aggressive.

  • Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Thanks Ujwal! That sounds very wise. I'm eager to see if others on BP agree. Thanks and have a great day!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.