First time investor- found a triplex is this a good deal??

First time investor- found a triplex is this a good deal??

Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hey guys I am buying my first ever property to house hack in. I plan to live in it for 1-2 years then rent all 3. I found a triplex and the numbers look good to me just want to confirm that with you guys. 
purchase price: $230,000

FHA 3.5 % down @ 2.5% interest rate 30yr

Unit 1=$1,000 rent

Unit 2= $1,100 rent

Unit 3= $800 rent (I would be living In this one)

Total monthly when fully leased= $2,900 + has garages that could be rented out.

Taxes= $8,067

Posted is the numbers with me living there vs when I move out and refinance to conventional @ 80% LTV so no PMI. I would continue to self manage. Do these numbers look right? And Is this a good deal? Appreciate the feedback. Thanks

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Iowa City, IA · Member since 2017 · 137 posts · 85 votes
    5y

    Seems decent.  If you can be cashflow positive while living there, that is a good thing!

  • Investor · Collegeville, PA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    If you can cash flow like that once you leave, I would easily do that deal. Good luck!

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Thanks for the input guys! I’m closing on a duplex that cash flows even better on may 7th!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.