Do you visit out state rental property prospects?

Do you visit out state rental property prospects?

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I live in California and I purchased rental property in Las Vegas Nevada. I purchased the property based on pictures online and a great property inspection report along with a decent report with my realtor. I'm considering purchasing another rental property in Memphis Tennessee in the next few months. For those who invest in real estate out of their own state, do you always go and view property before making a offer?

0Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Oxnard, CA · Member since 2018 · 92 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    @Ruben Cuevas are these turnkeys?

    What resources are you using to scout the neighborhood?

    It can definitely be done without paying a visit if you trust your team. But if it needs work I'd probably Wana go see it myself.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    5y

    What are you going to gain by looking at it? It’s like when people look under the hood of a car a d they couldn’t identify any of the parts. 

    In vegas there’s almost no reason to look at a property if you know where it is on a map, when it was built and have good pictures. I probably looked at 2 of my dozen + vegas properties. (I’ve still ever been inside them.) I feel the same way about lake front property I bought in MN. But I used to live there and know the lakes. 

    Which leads me to say. I think if I had to give up driving the neighborhood to look inside a property instead of just using pictures. I’d rather drive/look at the neighborhood, it’s probably more important and harder to change. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.