Atlanta Market - Tell me about it!

Atlanta Market - Tell me about it!

Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 124 posts · 68 votes

It's a seller's market everywhere but what is the market in Atlanta like?  Do you use 1%, 2%, or 1/2% or less for your numbers to determine a good deal?  If you are in Atlanta, are you investing in your own backyard or going elsewhere?  Where are the war zones?  If you are active in this market, I would love to message you about it so please let me know. 

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
5y

Hi @NaDean Bowles

Ahh you mean HOTlanta? It is absolutely a seller's market here. Supply is super low (just over 1 month) and demand is through the roof with many new investors and homebuyers flocking to the ATL. That being said, it's a big MSA with plenty of submarkets and space for the savvy investor to find their niche.

I would recommend not really using any kind of percent rule to evaluate deals to be honest. However, you definitely do not need 1 or 2% to cash flow anymore since rates are so low. 1/2%-1% is probably fine for most but this should only be used to filter out the garbage, not to compare/analyze decent deals. 

I am currently investing in Atlanta and have clients who are too (some from OOS). Like I said, there are still deals to be had here if you can find your niche. 

There are definitely some rougher neighborhoods but it's impossible to label an entire town or submarket as a "war zone" since there is just so much development (i.e. gentrification) going on across all of the MSA. 

Please, feel free to reach out anytime if you have further questions or just want to chat about the market!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    5y

    Hi @NaDean Bowles

    Ahh you mean HOTlanta? It is absolutely a seller's market here. Supply is super low (just over 1 month) and demand is through the roof with many new investors and homebuyers flocking to the ATL. That being said, it's a big MSA with plenty of submarkets and space for the savvy investor to find their niche.

    I would recommend not really using any kind of percent rule to evaluate deals to be honest. However, you definitely do not need 1 or 2% to cash flow anymore since rates are so low. 1/2%-1% is probably fine for most but this should only be used to filter out the garbage, not to compare/analyze decent deals. 

    I am currently investing in Atlanta and have clients who are too (some from OOS). Like I said, there are still deals to be had here if you can find your niche. 

    There are definitely some rougher neighborhoods but it's impossible to label an entire town or submarket as a "war zone" since there is just so much development (i.e. gentrification) going on across all of the MSA. 

    Please, feel free to reach out anytime if you have further questions or just want to chat about the market!

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 124 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    @Brenden Mitchum, thank you!  This is a very informative and helpful post.  Yes, the supply is low everywhere.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Dawsonville, GA · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 144 votes
    5y

    I like the Arkansas investment market!

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 683 posts · 317 votes
    5y

    @NaDean Bowles

    Hi there, I might be hard to achieve that 1% rule here unless you are getting multiple units. What I see is around 0.7% (good surbs). I’m an active agent/investor here feel free to reach out with questions or just brainstorm. Good luck.

  • Member since 2021 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Holly Barrett:

    I like the Arkansas investment market!

    Interesting, why's that? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.