Selling an investment property that's rented

Selling an investment property that's rented

Real Estate Investor · Monroe Township, NJ · Member since 2016 · 468 posts · 85 votes

I have an investment property in Memphis, TN that I would like to sell. The property has been rented and has a good positive cash flow. I would like to get a fair market value. I talked to the selling division of my property management company and the prices I seem to have received for recommended listing and selling seems to be far below what I see in the area. You don't need to give me any realtor references on a public forum. May I request any suggestions / recommendations on a private message if that makes sense?

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Caleb ParrPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    DM Sent

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 377 posts · 258 votes
    5y

    Same

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    5y

    You're an investor right?

    Did you pay top dollar when you bought the property, outbidding all owner-occupant (OO) interested parties?

    Doubt it!

    Owner-occupants are always willing to pay more for a property than an investor. An OO buyer justifies the purchase price by how it fits into their budget. An investor justifies the purchase price by the ROI.

    If you want top dollar, you will have to vacate the tenant.

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 741 posts · 845 votes
    5y

    Hey @Abdul Azeez, if you want to give me the addresses of your properties I can give you an indication of value! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.