Buying a House with a Hard Money Loan

Buying a House with a Hard Money Loan

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Please excuse my stupidity but I am a young, new Real Estate Investor that owns one out of state rental property (in UT) and is looking to purchase a home in my current state (AZ) with a hard money loan. I have found a lender that I think will work and even potentially a house that could work as well. But what I do not know is how to basically get this deal done, seeing a show it is my first time doing this, since my first property was traditional financing.

So, do I simply call the Hard Money lenders and tell them that I want to buy this particular house that is for sale, or do I go the seller first and explain that I want to buy with a Hard Money Loan (or do I tell them its a 'cash' purchase instead), in order to get the ball rolling?

I just don't know who to contact first or what to do now that I have a potential house and lender on my side. I'm thinking that I am supposed to get some sort of pre-approval or 'proof of funds' type of thing from the hard money lenders first, and then take that to the seller when I make my 'cash' offer? If they accept, then I guess the hard money people take it from there I am assuming? I just don't exactly know how all this is supposed to work... excuse my ignorance. Any help or insight is welcomed.

1Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 686 votes
    5y

    An Real estate agent will guide you through your questions !

    Since I grew up in Utah and now live in Phoenix your post got my attention!

    Any help I can do on this end please let me know.

    davidaveryconstruction.com

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.