Tampa, Florida Multi-family

Tampa, Florida Multi-family

Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 5 votes

Hey BP,

I am moving my family over to the Tampa area in the next 18-24 months. I will be looking to invest $200-300K into a multi-family deal at that time and I am open to a variety of deals to include 5 units and up. I will be looking for a value add deal but of decent quality. I would like to keep this in Tampa or it's surrounding areas but I do not have a tremendous amount of experience with the area so I want to avoid the bad areas. Where would you be investing right now and what should I be watching out for?

0Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
5y

18-24 months is a lifetime in our real estate market.  Our inventory is nearly non-existent.  For every new listing, multiple over-list offers - all cash - can be expected within an hour. My investors are lined up to buy - and to buy everything with good bones that they can acquire. The issue is:  nothing to buy.  This is now.  And, here's what you should be celebrating that you missed so far:  51% of all tenants in Florida are delinquent in rent.  The demand for housing is off-the-chart as well.  My advice to you is simple but not what ready-investors want to hear:  Wait.  Do Nothing.  Plan Nothing.  Give it 6 months.  I have a feeling that those landlords/owners who suffered through this moratorium mess might be ready to wave the white flag and sell.  

Only fools rush in...

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Ken Gee

    Ken,

    I am actually taking a trip out to Tampa at the end of July and I would love to meet for coffee or something just to connect and chat. If you’re up for that I can send you a message and we can set something up!

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 29 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bryce DeHaan:

    @Ken Gee

    Ken,

    I am actually taking a trip out to Tampa at the end of July and I would love to meet for coffee or something just to connect and chat. If you’re up for that I can send you a message and we can set something up!

    Would love to.  We don’t have to wait until July we can jump on a Zoom call if you like.

    Let me know.


    Ken

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.