How do I track down the Bank that owns a property?

How do I track down the Bank that owns a property?

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

There is a house 2 doors down from my parents that has been sitting vacant for 2 years. The couple who lived there went through a divorce and let the Bank take it. I have been waiting for it to come on the market to try to buy it but I am now done waiting. I have talked to a Realtor and they told me there is nothing I can do but wait. I am wondering, how can I track down the Bank that owns the property and make an offer? I looked on propstream and it still has the house listed as being owned by the previous couple. I tried calling the management company that is posted on the door but they refused to give me any information.

0Reply
68 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I am sure there are 100 ways to find this out with the help of a more helpful realtor or with propstream like competitors although they all get their data from the same or similar sources, one way is to contact a title co.  Might cost you a few buck but they can tell you who owns it.  Or maybe that helpful agent has a title co contact that would be willing to tell you for free.  Can also look online with your local register of deeds or similar to see who is the last owner of record.  Banks also sell homes out the back door so you may never see it listed and someone buys it as part of a package.  Quickest/easiest just ask a title co.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.