Has anyone bought a house sharing a border with a funeral home?

Has anyone bought a house sharing a border with a funeral home?

Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 20 votes

I came across a house that would make a solid flip. It just has one unique characteristic I haven't come across before, it right next door to a funeral home. I'm curious to find out if anyone on here has bought a property like this before, and if so is there anything to know about buying a house next to a funeral home? 

0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 462 posts · 365 votes
    5y

    I have never purchased a property next to a funeral home but my sister owns a funeral home. I would personally not be worried that the home was next to a funeral home. If anything it would be a plus. They are usually very well maintained and very quiet places. I would be only a few people would not purchase/rent a home next to a funeral home... they are probably the same people who are scared to live next to a graveyard. 

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    There's some inherent negatives about that and the house would be a hard pass for some people of different cultures but I am less worried about the superstitious or spooky aspect but rather the parades of traffic this property would incur whenever there's a service or event. I would look very closely at comps in this area before pulling the trigger on it. 

  • Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    Makes sense, thanks for the input guys!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.