Having problems finding a 5 acre or larger parcel in PA

Having problems finding a 5 acre or larger parcel in PA

Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes

I've done my research and narrowed down the counties I would be interested in buying.  I ran the counties through Propstream and filtered for only properties larger than 5 acres but was suprised at how few properties came up.  I would think in a county in the middle of nowhere, there would be tons of large parcels, yet propstream would only come up with perhaps 15 in a county, some showed zero, and most were not suitable for my needs.  Is this a problem with Propstream, or are there really so few properties of that size?  I would imagine someone would own massive amounts of contiguous land in the middle of nowhere, yet I am not finding it.  Can someone redirect me since I believe I am missing something obvious here.

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 183 posts · 83 votes
    5y

    Could be what you are putting in for the zoning.  Many larger parcels may be zoned ag or something else.  Could also be Propstream not being the best with land as it's geared more towards house investors.

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the response, I actually think it was my own fault.  I'm new to Propstream and didn't realize there were multiple pages I had to click through.  Problem solved!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.