Good title company recommendation in St. Louis, MO?

Good title company recommendation in St. Louis, MO?

Simon W.Business Member
Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 661 votes

HI BPers,

I am about to get a property under contract. The property is out of state, Missouri, and I live in NY.

Do I need to get a title company in Missouri?
If so, do anyone have any recommendations?

I am going to be assigning this deal. I was thinking if I need to pay any fees to open up an account with the title company. Are there usually cancellation fees in case my buyer backs out and I can't seal the deal?

-Simon

Accounting Properties LLC
View Page
CFO LLC
View Page
0Reply
14 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saint Peters, MO · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Simon, I'm not sure if you need a title company in Missouri or not. If you find you do need one I have a contact person if you like.

    How are things in Allentown? I used to work for a company that has a manufacturing plant there. I never visited, but worked with people from the plant all the time.

    Matt

  • Accountant · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Simon- I use St. Louis Title in Clayton and have never had a problem!

  • Accountant · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    they are great at doing remote closings as well.

  • Simon W.Business Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 661 votes
    13y

    @Matt Inman It would be helpful if you can provide a title company as well. I can make some comparisons. Is there any fee to open up and/or cancellation fee?

    As for Allentown, it's okay. I actually live in NYC, but I want to focus my real estate in PA. I am planning to move to Allentown or rather Lehigh County area.

    @Shelby Reed thanks! I'll probably give them a call. Since you worked with them, can you tell me about their requirements and any fees involved?

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    We use Clear Title America for everything we do Nationally. The only States that they won't close in are OK and TX. We've done deals in STL and they've done a good job. They send remote closers out for us, so since we only buy mortgage loans, get the property back, and then sell the collateral properties off, we also use them to handle the Deed In Lieu filings too. Harold Harper there is the point of contact. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.