Contractor looking for a 2 family in Malden Medford Everett

Contractor looking for a 2 family in Malden Medford Everett

Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Hi all,

I have a contractor friend I really like who, ironically,is getting his rent raised significantly so he is looking to buy a 2 family in Malden, Medford, Revere, or Everett. The unique thing here is that he is looking to rehab a place for him and his brothers family to live in. To be clear I am not wholesaling or looking for commission, this is just me taking care of a partner who has helped me out in the past.

Just wondering if there are some marketplaces I can point him to with those rehab sort of criteria beyond facebook, MLS, craigslist etc

0Reply
37 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Melrose, MA · Member since 2016 · 99 posts · 41 votes
    5y

    Hi Matt,

    BiggerPockets is definitely the place to be to interact with local investors and agents for off market properties. I live in Melrose and have invested in Malden so I'm very familiar with the areas you mentioned. Other than your typical MLS listings, I would say networking and "driving for dollars" would be two great options.

  • Real Estate Agent · Malden, MA · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Matt Mahowald, what type of contractor is he/she? I am looking for one..

  • Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Joe, thanks I think you could be right. I tried that a few years ago but without any app support and may have been too targeted. I was just looking a masslandrecords.com for people who had owned forever. 

  • Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Yuzi His bread and butter is foundation, drainage, lolly column's etc. Mainly structural, however, I am quite happy with a bathroom he did. I think there is a great carpenter in the family as well and he did a fair amount of that work. Happy to connect you two if you'd like. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.