Cash Out Refi a Conventional Loan with Original Title held in LLC

Cash Out Refi a Conventional Loan with Original Title held in LLC

Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 6 votes

What's up, everyone?

I just closed on a single family investment property two weeks ago. Closing was in the name of an LLC. The loan is conventional Freddie/Fannie. I would like to do a cash out refi in several years (there is a 3 year-prepayment penalty, so I would wait until after such period).

There is much talk amongst investors about having to transfer title out of an LLC into the individual's name in order to refi, and then transfer title back into the LLC after refi closing. I would prefer to avoid this.

Does anyone know if a portfolio lender would be willing to cash out refi my conventional Freddie/Fannie loan while maintaining the property in my LLC, and if Freddie/Fannie regulations would prevent me from doing so?

My thought is, I understand the need to transfer title for the cash out refi if I am going from a conventional loan to another conventional loan. But do the same rules apply if the refi is from conventional to portfolio/unconventional loan?

Thanks in advance.



0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Hanover Twp, PA · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    @Johnny Gonzalez, are you sure you purchased with a conventional fannie/freddie loan. Two things make me believe you did not. First, I don't believe the owner/borrower can be an entity like an LLC. Second, I don't believe that conventional loans have prepayment penalties.

    My guess is that you ended up with a portfolio loan from a local lender.

    Even if you have a fannie/freddie loan they would not care how you refinanced. They just get paid off thats all.

    Yes, I'm sure you can find a portfolio lender who will refi you in a few years. 

  • Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Kevin Sobilo:

    @Johnny Gonzalez, are you sure you purchased with a conventional fannie/freddie loan. Two things make me believe you did not. First, I don't believe the owner/borrower can be an entity like an LLC. Second, I don't believe that conventional loans have prepayment penalties.

    My guess is that you ended up with a portfolio loan from a local lender.

    Even if you have a fannie/freddie loan they would not care how you refinanced. They just get paid off thats all.

    Yes, I'm sure you can find a portfolio lender who will refi you in a few years. 

    Kevin, You are absolutely correct on all counts. I made an error. Thanks for your input. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.