Repairs before closing on Freddie Mac First Look, #appraisal, #owneroccupy

Repairs before closing on Freddie Mac First Look, #appraisal, #owneroccupy

Real Estate Broker · Pueblo, CO · Member since 2013 · 366 posts · 303 votes

Hi all,

I have a Freddie Mac First Look property under contract to owner occupy.  My question is in regards to the appraisal.  The back deck is sagging on the left side.  Is this something the appraiser may require to be rectified before the loan can process?  If so, the contract states I can not alter the property before closing, so what gives?  Can I escrow money for this repair and ask the listing agent to get it fixed?

PS. I can submit a picture if need be.

0Reply
13 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.