Looking to start a Real estate Meetup in the Poconos

Looking to start a Real estate Meetup in the Poconos

Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes

Hello all, wanted to gauge the communities interest on attending a FREE real estate meetup in the Poconos. It would take place monthly in the Blakeslee/ Mount Pocono area. This meetup is not intended to sell anything only add value and exchange resources amongst those who are currently investing or looking to learn how to invest in real estate. Feel free to DM with any specific questions or just to connect.

2Reply
152 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott RankinPro Member
Investor · Jim Thorpe, PA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 32 votes
4y

Hey John, thanks for posting.  I'd definitely be interested in something like this, I appreciate the initiative!  

@Mark Miles, I know we've had this discussion before, but a lot of us have invested very successfully in the Poconos, and built a good community there.  I don't really understand what value you think you're adding to the forums by relentlessly posting these kinds of messages.  It certainly does not align with any of my experiences in the region. 

Best,

Scott

See this reply in the discussion

54 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 543 posts · 716 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Geldert:

    Hello all, wanted to gauge the communities interest on attending a FREE real estate meetup in the Poconos. It would take place monthly in the Blakeslee/ Mount Pocono area. This meetup is not intended to sell anything only add value and exchange resources amongst those who are currently investing or looking to learn how to invest in real estate. Feel free to DM with any specific questions or just to connect.


     Ha! This will just turn into a ventfest with everyone complaining about how they can’t find good cleaners, Handymen, Plumbers, roofers, lawncare, snow plow, electricians, etc etc etc.

    And everyone complaining how they had to fire their last cleaners because cleaning crew members got in a huge fight in the front yard and started throwing things at each other…

    And how they had to fire the cleaners before that because they showed up drunk…

    And how they had to fire the cleaners before that because they never even showed up…

  • Scott RankinPro Member
    Investor · Jim Thorpe, PA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Hey John, thanks for posting.  I'd definitely be interested in something like this, I appreciate the initiative!  

    @Mark Miles, I know we've had this discussion before, but a lot of us have invested very successfully in the Poconos, and built a good community there.  I don't really understand what value you think you're adding to the forums by relentlessly posting these kinds of messages.  It certainly does not align with any of my experiences in the region. 

    Best,

    Scott

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    My pleasure @Scott Rankin, looking forward to bringing everyone together to speak about some of the challenges that @Mark Miles brought up along with all the terrific benefits of investing in smaller markets has to offer. 

    On that topic I completely agree with you Scott, @Mark Miles has done nothing but bad mouth the Pocono region for years now! I ultimately believe he comes from a scarcity mindset and does not want other investors in this market competing against him. 

  • Gina CabellPro Member
    Marina Del Rey / Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    @John Geldert, my thoughts exactly on the bad mouthing.  I'm really over his copying and pasting the same thing over and over.  

    I would be interested in the meet up if there is a zoom option since I'm usually on the west coast.  

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @Gina Cabell Terrific thanks, I’ll keep you posted on the date and location.

    Exactly he has copied and pasted the same article now dozens of times, it’s getting old.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 57 votes
    4y

    I'm interested. A Zoom option would be great considering most of us investing don't actually live there.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @Jason Stoltzfus thanks for the feedback. I’ll continue to gauge the interest and make a decision.

  • Investor · Schnecksville, PA · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Thanks John, I would be interested in this get together. I live fairly close.

  • Jon KellyPro Member
    Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2016 · 929 posts · 951 votes
    4y

    @John Geldert I'm interested. I've been investing in the area for the past ~5 years

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @Jon Kelly sounds good! Will keep this thread posted on a date and location. Feel free to Dm me to connect beforehand.

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 28 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Geldert:

    @Jon Kelly sounds good! Will keep this thread posted on a date and location. Feel free to Dm me to connect beforehand.

    @John Geldert I’m interested as well! 

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @Roi Azoulay terrific, do you currently invest in PA?

  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 28 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Geldert:

    @Roi Azoulay terrific, do you currently invest in PA?

    I’ve seen a few properties for sale and sent offers in the past week, did not close on them yet but doing my homework in the area…
  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @John McArdle terrific I will add you to the list. Are you currently investing in the Poconos?

  • Rental Property Investor · Prospect Park, PA · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    4y

    @John Geldert, I would be interested in a meet up in the Pocono’s,  I also think a zoom option would be good.  I am about 1.5 hours from Pocono’s with 2 short term rentals there.

  • Investor · Schnecksville, PA · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Geldert:

    @John McArdle terrific I will add you to the list. Are you currently investing in the Poconos?

    No property in poconos. I have property in Lehigh county.
  • Scott RankinPro Member
    Investor · Jim Thorpe, PA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Hi all, I'm going to be at the Tobyhanna Township STR discussion tomorrow (Wednesday 3/23) at 5p if anyone is interested in meeting up in person. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss their latest STR ordinance proposal.

    It's at Kalahari, apparently because so many people showed up at the last board meeting to voice their displeasure with the proposal.  Hope to see you there!

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I’d be interested and would love a zoom option!  Please keep me updated. 

  • Scott RankinPro Member
    Investor · Jim Thorpe, PA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Hi Whitney, I tried to post the zoom info but BP removed it.  Apparently it violates their rules somehow.  If you click the link in the link below the zoom info is there.  I hope that helps!

    www.tobyhannaforall.com

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Great! Thank you very much!

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @Mike Kelly I’ll add you to the list, and will look further into a zoom option. Perhaps one month In person next on Zoom, I’ll figure something out.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @Scott Rankin yeah they are expecting a major turnout. My manager will be representing me there.

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Hey all, 

    Currently bought and rented my first LTR in the pocono/ East Stroudsburg area and looking to break into the STR market! Would love to connect with anyone and everyone who has advice about this topic. Very interested in the meetup keep me posted.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Meadow New york · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 95 votes
    4y

    @James Maaba congrats on your recent long term rental purchase, East Stroudsburg is in high demand! I also own in Stroudsburg and throughout the Poconos, let me know if I can be of any help.

  • Real Estate Agent · South Jersey and Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    I would be interested in meeting other investors over zoom.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.