How do you assume a SFR loan?

How do you assume a SFR loan?

Troy F.Pro Member
Investor · Asbury, IA · Member since 2018 · 78 posts · 29 votes

Hi there,

I have an opportunity to assume my neighbors loan.  It is a single family home. Nothing fancy. I am looking to do this transaction as soon as possible.  What steps do I take to make this happen?  His taxes and insurance are escrowed. How do I handle that as well?

Thanks,

Troy

1Reply
30 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Orange County, CA · Member since 2019 · 299 posts · 255 votes
    4y

    @Troy F. Most mortgage loans these days cannot be assumed. Have the seller check with his lender and see if they allow loan assumption or not. 

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Troy F.:

    Hi there,

    I have an opportunity to assume my neighbors loan.  It is a single family home. Nothing fancy. I am looking to do this transaction as soon as possible.  What steps do I take to make this happen?  His taxes and insurance are escrowed. How do I handle that as well?

    Thanks,

    Troy


     Step 0, confirm that it's an assumable loan. Very few are.

    Step 1, call their loan servicer and say you want to assume it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.