Lender Points too high?

Lender Points too high?

Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hey all, I have not closed a conventional mortgage for investment purposes before. I currently have a deal under contract and am working with a lender. I used this lender before for my personal residence and was pleased with them but currently they are wanting to charge me 7K in fees on top of closing costs. I have a duplex under contract for 215K, 25% down (54k), closing is 7K, and lender points and fees are 7k for a total of $68,000. Interest rate is around 7.125%.

Do these fees seem unusually high or am I just out of touch with current lending costs? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

1Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Jaycee GreenePro Member
Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
1y
Quote from @Josiah Guyer:

Hey all, I have not closed a conventional mortgage for investment purposes before. I currently have a deal under contract and am working with a lender. I used this lender before for my personal residence and was pleased with them but currently they are wanting to charge me 7K in fees on top of closing costs. I have a duplex under contract for 215K, 25% down (54k), closing is 7K, and lender points and fees are 7k for a total of $68,000. Interest rate is around 7.125%.

Do these fees seem unusually high or am I just out of touch with current lending costs? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Hey @Josiah Guyer! I somewhat figured where you were going when you started by comparing the costs of an investment property loan to your "personal residence". You're comparing apples to oranges. 

Before anyone can say if the closing costs are "too high", can you say whether this investment property loan is with a bank/credit union or a hard/private money lender?

See this reply in the discussion

39 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.