Ways to preserve good Title without taking Title

Ways to preserve good Title without taking Title

Joe S.Pro Member
Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

So I’ve heard a number of people talk about lease options, etc. I’ve never bought on a lease option. I have sold on a lease option before and I’ve had some pretty positive success with people getting their own loan and cashing me out.

So let’s say I had a seller that was fine to do a lease option. Let’s say hypothetically  they were willing to sign a lien / deed of trust / mortgage in my favor to protect my position.

Also, let’s say that the person that was selling and did the deed of trust to secure assumption ended up having a judgment at a later date.. could I foreclose on the deed of trust / mortgage to clear title?

Also, I’m assuming that this would keep them from being able to sell it to someone else after making an agreement with me..

Is that something you have seen done or maybe there’s a Title person that would have a better viewpoint??

0Reply
73 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10mo

    I'd call up my local title company and ask that question.  

  • Member since 2025 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    10mo

    record a memorandum of agreement at the county recorder's office

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.