Conventional to hard money, then back to conventional?

Conventional to hard money, then back to conventional?

Investor · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I'm a buy and hold investor and I've done 2 deals this year (plus primary residence, so 3 total conventional mortgages). I have solid credit and the money to cover 25% DP for conventional financing plus my "make ready" on new deals. At my current income/rent roll levels, I can purchase a new deal about once a quarter. My strategy was to max out my conventional financing avenues then turn to portfolio lenders but I'm seeing some BRRRR opportunities lately that I would hard money to acquire & repair, then refi into conventional programs. My concern is about disrupting my current plan/deal pace, inquiries, DTI ratios, reserves, etc. Has anyone used hard money for BRRRRs then gone back to conventional financing successfully? Is this a legit concern or am I overthinking it?

Also - do conventional lenders take seller financed deals into DTI calculations? So if I use my primary account for a seller financing down payment (which a lender will see when I provide bank statements for an upcoming conventional deal) and clue them into the fact that I've done an off the credit report deal, will they take that mortgage/tax/insurance payment into the DTI calculation?

Thank you, 
Matt 

0Reply
14 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.