How to buy more land than house, doesn't qualify for financing

How to buy more land than house, doesn't qualify for financing

Rental Property Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I would look for a property land and home total about $600,000 and put 20% down on 30 year mortgage.

I can buy the land for about 300-500k. Without a house. So I can build a house for 200k that would meet expectations. This appears difficult to finance. I can get about 100k cash and could probably raise another 200k through other means but I can't close the gap on financing because the land is worth more than the home so getting a typical mortgage is not an option.

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.