Is there a website that I can get (pay) information on title?

Is there a website that I can get (pay) information on title?

Houston · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 2 votes

I have just inherited a property from a relative who just passed away recently. The deed of the property is in my name on the county records. There is no delinquency on property taxes. I need a copy of the original title.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    @Joseph Eiwuley
         I need a copy of the original title.

    I assume you mean you need a copy of the Deed. Why do you  need a copy of the deed if it is recorded. try this site https://publicrecords.netronli...  Otherwise go to the local land record office to get a copy.

  • Member since 2019 · 92 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    I see that you are located in Houston, Texas, which is in the County of Harris.

    Assuming the property is located in Harris County, that county's recorder has a website at https://www.cclerk.hctx.net/Applications/WebSearch/RP.aspx  

    You have to register to use the database but you can search for recorded documents online, and probably make a copy for a fee.

    Good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.