Disputing Supplemental property tax late (Santa Clara County, CA)

Disputing Supplemental property tax late (Santa Clara County, CA)

Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes

Hi all,

I was feeling high and mighty paying all of my property taxes ahead of schedule back in November and forgot to pay my supplemental property tax on my new primary residence. The supplemental tax was due on 12/31/19...and I remembered this morning. I went to the tax office to pay it and see if I could have the penalty waived. It looks like I have to submit a form they gave me but must still pay the full amount including the 10% fee. I wanted to see if anyone here has been successful at disputing a late property tax payment penalty...and if so, what reason did you use? Thank you in advance!

0Reply
9 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.