Looking to get in touch with a mortgage broker in the Bismarck ND area about buying my first investment property I would be doing a owner operator for the first couple of years then rent out the unit I was living in after I move out
Realtor · Bismarck, ND · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 4 votes
4y
Hello Konnor ~ Congratulations on your first investment property! I am a local realtor and Investment property owner who gets to experience and work with a variety of mortgage professionals in the area. I have two great resources to recommend for owner occupied investment property. (1) Stephanie Ebach with eLendingNow (www.eLendingNow.com) as well as Mountain State Financial - Tanya Long (tanyalongmsfg.clickarvig.com). If you have any questions on the market or inventory here in the Bismarck area, don't hesitate to reach out. Best wishes! ~ Lisa
Investor · Bismarck, ND · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 50 votes
4y
Getting into an owner occupied rental is a great way to get started down the investment property road. Find a decent duplex and rehab the side you live in, make it pretty, then when the other tenant moves out, wash rinse repeat. There are opportunities like this available in Bismarck if you’re willing to put in the work. If ya have any questions, feel free to reach out!
Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
4y
Not a very crowded field, you have about 7 mortgage broker options, heh (you've got a lot more options if you're looking for loan originators in general, which would include mortgage bankers). I set search parameter out to "within 100 miles but in the same state." When there's only 7 options and it's practical to do so, why not post the full menu of options:
Same search criteria local to me, but "within 25 miles" instead of "within 100 miles," returns 460 results. For context.
Mortgage bankers (as opposed to brokers) tend to dominate in areas with lower home values, I guess this is an example of that.
I'd suggest cross referencing those reviews with google business reviews.