General Contractors for Porftolio renovations

Indianapolis, IndianaWantProfessionalsContractor
Classifieds

General Contractors for Porftolio renovations

Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 7 votes

Hi all, I am looking for a second bid for 4 SFHs in Anderson, Indiana that I have under contract. I am not too thrilled with the first bid I received so any recommendations or referrals would be much appreciated.

1Reply
7 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    Why weren't you thrilled with the first bid?

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    @Bruce Woodruff Seemed a little high to me based on past projects I have completed. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kevin Kramer:

    @Bruce Woodruff Seemed a little high to me based on past projects I have completed. 


    Were they recent projects? Prices of materials and labor have doubled in the past few years. Never a bad idea to get a couple bids though :-)....

  • Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:
    Quote from @Kevin Kramer:

    @Bruce Woodruff Seemed a little high to me based on past projects I have completed. 


    Were they recent projects? Prices of materials and labor have doubled in the past few years. Never a bad idea to get a couple bids though :-)....

     @Bruce Woodruff Not terribly recent. I was a little surprised by the paint bid coming back at 7k on a 1800 sq ft property. What is your take on that?

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kevin Kramer:
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:
    Quote from @Kevin Kramer:

    @Bruce Woodruff Seemed a little high to me based on past projects I have completed. 


    Were they recent projects? Prices of materials and labor have doubled in the past few years. Never a bad idea to get a couple bids though :-)....

     @Bruce Woodruff Not terribly recent. I was a little surprised by the paint bid coming back at 7k on a 1800 sq ft property. What is your take on that?


     Interior and exterior both? That's pretty good IMO. As long as it's a Licensed Contr...

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    That price was just interior. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kevin Kramer:

    That price was just interior. 


     That's high then. Unless it's really high-end work....

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    The house is 70k haha definitely not going for luxury finishes. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.