Looking for mentors/future partners in the Chicagoland area

Looking for mentors/future partners in the Chicagoland area

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 3 votes

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the BP forum and wanted to put myself out there to hopefully gain connections and relevant experience. A little about myself: I currently live in Chicago (Lincoln Square) and have a 9-5 job in the northwest suburbs. My dad owns a large commercial real estate company downtown so real estate has always been something that naturally interested me. I'm currently getting my Illinois broker's license and educating myself with different resources such as BP. I have a little over $7k set aside for a property at the moment so I know I'm not very close to buying a property in the very near future. House hacking, multi-family, fix & flip, and new development all interest me. Would love to connect with investors in the Chicago market and potentially lend a hand with anything that I have time for at night or on weekends to gain experience in preparation for when I'm ready to buy my first property. Looking forward to learning from you all, thank you!

3Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
Moderator
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
2y

Hey there @Zach Harrison - Welcome to the Chicago BiggerPockets Community my friend!

You will find a ton of awesome people if you continue to engage, ask questions, and set up 1:1 meetings with the movers and shakers!

I have personally found the best way to get mentors was to attend local Chicago real estate meetup groups, find the host, and then add value.  Typically the host will know a ton of people and is someone you want to get to know.  

From there mentors popped up organically as I continued to be genuinely interested in what others were doing and how they did it...

Happy to help out any way I can - feel free to reach out!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    Hey there @Zach Harrison - Welcome to the Chicago BiggerPockets Community my friend!

    You will find a ton of awesome people if you continue to engage, ask questions, and set up 1:1 meetings with the movers and shakers!

    I have personally found the best way to get mentors was to attend local Chicago real estate meetup groups, find the host, and then add value.  Typically the host will know a ton of people and is someone you want to get to know.  

    From there mentors popped up organically as I continued to be genuinely interested in what others were doing and how they did it...

    Happy to help out any way I can - feel free to reach out!

  • Property Manager · Chicago · Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    Hello Zach, Welcome to the BP community. I'm relatively new myself but I can tell you BP is a great place to start learning and built connections. I work in property management here in Chicago, so if you have any questions on property management or tenant leasing, please don't hesitate to contact me. Happy to help you out. 

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    @Zach Harrison welcome to the forums! You are in the right place, and it sounds like you have a great family background to be successful in the Chicago market. I would recommend going to meetups and listening to the Straight Up Chicago Investor's podcast to get a feel for who is moving and shaking here in the Windy City!

    You can find a lot of great local meetups on the Neighborhood Building Owner's Alliance website here. 

    About / Members – Neighborhood Building Owner's Alliance (nboachicago.com)


    You also can find the podcast link here. 



    Chicago Property Management, Chicago Property Managers, Chicago Property Management Company | Straight Up Chicago Investor Podcast



  • Specialist · IL · Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Zach, 

    If your interested in fix and flip or even rentals I would love to connect. I have been appraising Real estate since 1994 in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, consult investors (new and experienced) and provide private money loans. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.