Looking for a partner

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
2y
Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

Great on you for finding good deals in this current market that is huge!

 I think you may be taking Bob's candor the wrong way, you can discuss your experience level without an getting into the nitty gritty of the deals. You also said "I have many deals but this is our first deal", which is a little confusing.

What type of deal are you working with, are these buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, wholesales, on market, etc. These are the details I believe Bob is getting at and that people like him and myself would look for to know if we fit as a partner for you.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Check with Carolina Quality Buyers. I know they were wanting to JV with other investors very recently.

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Patrick Roberts:

    Check with Carolina Quality Buyers. I know they were wanting to JV with other investors very recently.

    Ok thank you!
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    Getting good deals is going great! We are looking for someone or a company that would like to split the profit 20/80 on our first big deal, and to sponsor us on it as well. 

     20/80, explain . So wait, you want us to "sponsor" you. Do you mean, pay for the prop and reno? If things are going so great why would you need someone to " sponsor" you ?

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    I said that getting deals is going great, which it is. We are just starting, which means we cannot get alone unless we have a sponsor. A lot of people start out that way, unless they already have millions to begin with.

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Also, you say “sponsor” as of its a bad thing. Its not. Most people start out having to do that. Its not nice to shame them. Its not like people are “sponsoring” for free, they are getting cash out of it so if youre not interested, thats fine! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
    2y

    Are you wholesaling deals to a company or are you trying to buy deals with investor financing? 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    Also, you say “sponsor” as of its a bad thing. Its not. Most people start out having to do that. Its not nice to shame them. Its not like people are “sponsoring” for free, they are getting cash out of it so if youre not interested, thats fine! 

     Not saying having a partner is a bad thing, you are misunderstanding me. You said, getting good deals is going great. What does that mean. Also Charleston, SUPER expensive. OK so what are the numbers, post them? Also, how many have you done? If you want me/us to fund it all we need to know your level of experience. Nobody is giving you money if you have not done any. 

     So, what do you consider a great deal?

     80/20 in favor of me/us correct? 

    BTW, why not just flip the contract? Learn, save then go on your own. Exactly how I started. 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

    Great on you for finding good deals in this current market that is huge!

     I think you may be taking Bob's candor the wrong way, you can discuss your experience level without an getting into the nitty gritty of the deals. You also said "I have many deals but this is our first deal", which is a little confusing.

    What type of deal are you working with, are these buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, wholesales, on market, etc. These are the details I believe Bob is getting at and that people like him and myself would look for to know if we fit as a partner for you.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

     Just post the numbers, and town, that's ALL anyone needs to see if they are interested. You have zero experience, so how do you know you have a deal?  I am trying to help you understand to provide value. Right now, you are not. Nobody cares about your deal and wants to " steal " it. Post, PP, reno and town. Thats all anyone needs to know if it makes sense. 

    BTW, NDA? I have not seen one of those in 10 + years, people still use them? There worthless. Also if you have a proprty under contract there would be no need for one. 

    So where do you have deals? Anything in Cleveland or Jackson MS ? ALL I need is the PP and street, I will tell you in 5 seconds if interested, 

    Good luck 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Matthew Gentile:
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

    Great on you for finding good deals in this current market that is huge!

     I think you may be taking Bob's candor the wrong way, you can discuss your experience level without an getting into the nitty gritty of the deals. You also said "I have many deals but this is our first deal", which is a little confusing.

    What type of deal are you working with, are these buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, wholesales, on market, etc. These are the details I believe Bob is getting at and that people like him and myself would look for to know if we fit as a partner for you.


     100%,, IMO this is just like a FB post, fishing for buyers to create a list. "Have great deals in many places"  HMM, How does she even know it's a great deal with zero experience. Just flip the contract. If she does not even post the numbers well ,,,,,,

    All the best Mathew, 

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Matthew Gentile:
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

    Great on you for finding good deals in this current market that is huge!

     I think you may be taking Bob's candor the wrong way, you can discuss your experience level without an getting into the nitty gritty of the deals. You also said "I have many deals but this is our first deal", which is a little confusing.

    What type of deal are you working with, are these buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, wholesales, on market, etc. These are the details I believe Bob is getting at and that people like him and myself would look for to know if we fit as a partner for you.


     100%,, IMO this is just like a FB post, fishing for buyers to create a list. "Have great deals in many places"  HMM, How does she even know it's a great deal with zero experience. Just flip the contract. If she does not even post the numbers well ,,,,,,

    All the best Mathew, 


     Absolutely agree with you Bob.

    I'd add with nothing already under contract means there is no deal whether the property exists or not. But playing devils advocate, we all start somewhere hopefully she can provide the details and the BP community can guide her in the right direction!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Matthew Gentile:
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Matthew Gentile:
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

    Great on you for finding good deals in this current market that is huge!

     I think you may be taking Bob's candor the wrong way, you can discuss your experience level without an getting into the nitty gritty of the deals. You also said "I have many deals but this is our first deal", which is a little confusing.

    What type of deal are you working with, are these buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, wholesales, on market, etc. These are the details I believe Bob is getting at and that people like him and myself would look for to know if we fit as a partner for you.


     100%,, IMO this is just like a FB post, fishing for buyers to create a list. "Have great deals in many places"  HMM, How does she even know it's a great deal with zero experience. Just flip the contract. If she does not even post the numbers well ,,,,,,

    All the best Mathew, 


     Absolutely agree with you Bob.

    I'd add with nothing already under contract means there is no deal whether the property exists or not. But playing devils advocate, we all start somewhere hopefully she can provide the details and the BP community can guide her in the right direction!


     100% we all do start somewhere. This post has too many red flags. 20% for finding the deal, hmm not going to happen I started by flipping contacts, back in the day it was not called this BS term Wholesaling. Flipped, saved, learned then went on my own. Let's see if we get one PP reno and city and street. 

    All the best 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    It seems someone is just assuming we have 0 training, and 0 know how to the point 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    To the point where it’s bullying at this point for no reason. I’m being bullied because I am asking for a partner to sponsor us while we do our first ever deal because the only way we can do a first deal and get alone, is why we need a sponsor………… it’s not rocket science. Obviously we do everything including all of the underwriting and we’re very good at it and we’ve been trained in it. You are supposed to know what you’re doing actually giving me tips. You’re just sitting around bowling people all day.  have fun with that. Also, it’s not my fault that you don’t know the basic laws around all of this.  I’m not allowed to post details publicly about any of these deals. If you want to know about a deal, you’re supposed to contact me privately like a normal person. Everybody knows that that does this business but you apparently. Have fun, bowling people and see how far that really takes you. 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Also, the 20/80 partnering idea is what I got from someone else that told me that that’s what I should offer, one of you gurus on here said that actually.  But as it shows, it seems that some of you are extremely full of yourselves, really bad bullies, you offer zero health and instead act like we’re trying to screw you over when all I’m trying to do is not be screwed over by you people. The ones that have offered advice thank you. Also asking, and assuming that I am somehow screwing people over by wholesaling, it’s not my fault you don’t know how it works. The offer I presented is one way to offer it, but it can also be negotiated. I’m just trying to find a sponsor.  it shouldn’t be that hard, but it seems like most of you are stuck on to the point where you bully and harass everybody else that’s just trying to get a little help starting the business.

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    Also, the 20/80 partnering idea is what I got from someone else that told me that that’s what I should offer, one of you gurus on here said that actually.  But as it shows, it seems that some of you are extremely full of yourselves, really bad bullies, you offer zero health and instead act like we’re trying to screw you over when all I’m trying to do is not be screwed over by you people. The ones that have offered advice thank you. Also asking, and assuming that I am somehow screwing people over by wholesaling, it’s not my fault you don’t know how it works. The offer I presented is one way to offer it, but it can also be negotiated. I’m just trying to find a sponsor.  it shouldn’t be that hard, but it seems like most of you are stuck on to the point where you bully and harass everybody else that’s just trying to get a little help starting the business.


     With the utmost respect for you as an individual and I mean that. I do hope you succeed.

    But.

    No one has bullied you here and the level you have taken to these few comments trying to understand your position that you've provided no knowledge about is concerning

    Also I asked if you were wholesaling never once said that you were screwing anyone or that you didn't know what you were doing, not sure what that's about.

    "I'm just trying to find a sponsor" A sponsor FOR WHAT? What is the type of deal!? Wholesale, multifamily, buy and hold, fix and flip, BRRR, short term rental, mid term rental, commercial, self storage we have no idea what you're doing. How can we be a sponsor if we have no idea what you're doing beside 80/20? If 10 of us message you privately "like normal people" will you tell all of us the information? If yes, why can't you tell us here?

    I encourage you to spend some time on the forum looking at people trying to partner and the amount of information they provide. 

    Bob is a seasoned investor and professional, he would not be commenting if he wasn't trying to help out. You're getting upset instead of offering information for us to help.

    I apologize for being a little forward here, but we can't help with no information.

    I hope you find what you're looking for! Good luck.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    To the point where it’s bullying at this point for no reason. I’m being bullied because I am asking for a partner to sponsor us while we do our first ever deal because the only way we can do a first deal and get alone, is why we need a sponsor………… it’s not rocket science. Obviously we do everything including all of the underwriting and we’re very good at it and we’ve been trained in it. You are supposed to know what you’re doing actually giving me tips. You’re just sitting around bowling people all day.  have fun with that. Also, it’s not my fault that you don’t know the basic laws around all of this.  I’m not allowed to post details publicly about any of these deals. If you want to know about a deal, you’re supposed to contact me privately like a normal person. Everybody knows that that does this business but you apparently. Have fun, bowling people and see how far that really takes you. 


     YOU CAN POST the PP RENO, and city, NO law against that. This post is proving my point, just list building 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Matthew Gentile:
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    Also, the 20/80 partnering idea is what I got from someone else that told me that that’s what I should offer, one of you gurus on here said that actually.  But as it shows, it seems that some of you are extremely full of yourselves, really bad bullies, you offer zero health and instead act like we’re trying to screw you over when all I’m trying to do is not be screwed over by you people. The ones that have offered advice thank you. Also asking, and assuming that I am somehow screwing people over by wholesaling, it’s not my fault you don’t know how it works. The offer I presented is one way to offer it, but it can also be negotiated. I’m just trying to find a sponsor.  it shouldn’t be that hard, but it seems like most of you are stuck on to the point where you bully and harass everybody else that’s just trying to get a little help starting the business.


     With the utmost respect for you as an individual and I mean that. I do hope you succeed.

    But.

    No one has bullied you here and the level you have taken to these few comments trying to understand your position that you've provided no knowledge about is concerning

    Also I asked if you were wholesaling never once said that you were screwing anyone or that you didn't know what you were doing, not sure what that's about.

    "I'm just trying to find a sponsor" A sponsor FOR WHAT? What is the type of deal!? Wholesale, multifamily, buy and hold, fix and flip, BRRR, short term rental, mid term rental, commercial, self storage we have no idea what you're doing. How can we be a sponsor if we have no idea what you're doing beside 80/20? If 10 of us message you privately "like normal people" will you tell all of us the information? If yes, why can't you tell us here?

    I encourage you to spend some time on the forum looking at people trying to partner and the amount of information they provide. 

    Bob is a seasoned investor and professional, he would not be commenting if he wasn't trying to help out. You're getting upset instead of offering information for us to help.

    I apologize for being a little forward here, but we can't help with no information.

    I hope you find what you're looking for! Good luck.

     You are much more of a politician then ME Lol.  ZERO info, zero experience, has deals " all over"  but now says " I will do all the underwriting I'm very good at that" what does that even mean? We are wiring the funds to the title co, so what is she "underwriting" ?  HMM again, confusing 

    I have moved on, this post provides zero value to anyone.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

    Also, the 20/80 partnering idea is what I got from someone else that told me that that’s what I should offer, one of you gurus on here said that actually.  But as it shows, it seems that some of you are extremely full of yourselves, really bad bullies, you offer zero health and instead act like we’re trying to screw you over when all I’m trying to do is not be screwed over by you people. The ones that have offered advice thank you. Also asking, and assuming that I am somehow screwing people over by wholesaling, it’s not my fault you don’t know how it works. The offer I presented is one way to offer it, but it can also be negotiated. I’m just trying to find a sponsor.  it shouldn’t be that hard, but it seems like most of you are stuck on to the point where you bully and harass everybody else that’s just trying to get a little help starting the business.


     Sponsor for what????? 20% is not going to happen for you acting as a finder. LEARN please from what we are saying. NOBODY is bullying you. Your post is just full of many holes. I post deals all the time, ask, address, rent repairs ect., why not? Its mine I have it under contract. Do not need an NDA (Again I have not seen one of those in 10+ years total waste ) 

    Good luck in your venture. 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    You literally said in a comment that I have zero experience so I listed my experience to a point, not even mention the five years that I’ve studied it and the mentor classes I’ve taken, also mentioning that I do know how to underwrite because someone actually pointed out that I’m probably don’t even do that. You’re acting like I’m wrong. Please stop bullying and harassing me. Have a nice life.

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
    2y
  • Developer · Cleveland / Akron, OH · Member since 2008 · 922 posts · 399 votes
    2y

    The original post was extremely vague, and it seemed like it was possibly misusing industry terms. Bob asked some questions and the poster responded as if they were being attacked, when all they were getting was clarifying questions posted. I guess read into it all however deeply you want to, but it certainly doesn't inspire confidence, as the tone went very defensive rather quickly. 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    @Ryan Arth I was just trying to see if anyone would be interested in the first place. I have four different deals that have been sent to me that I can’t take on because I don’t have sponsorship right now. I thought I could partner with someone on here maybe. All of the information I’ve got are from this website and other gurus so if I said anything wrong, it’s them. Also, someone commented saying that I should get an NDA going if I’m going to wholesale. Then in the next breath, I have someone tearing me down and making fun of me for things like me saying that I need an NDA. Being Made fun of his not cool. I can’t sit on here all day long responding to comments so he just started insinuating things about me that we’re not true and putting out false information about me because I wasn’t responding within a two minute span. That’s not cool. That’s not professional either. of course I would’ve put the basic information there is someone was actually interested in possibly partnering depending on where it’s at and all that stuff. so yes, I was attacked. I was put down. I was torn apart. I was lied about. when I did explain things, nobody listened and still put me down. I’m gonna look for partners elsewhere. I have two going now anyway like I said in a comment beforehand. I’m not gonna deal with pompous people when I have done nothing wrong to deserve it. 

  • Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Lost me at 'bowling people'  There is no useful information here.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.