Looking for a partner

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
2y
Quote from @Sandra Brothers:

I have deals not just from there, from many places and like I said in my first post, this is our first deal. Therefore, we need a sponsor hence why I’m asking for a sponsor and giving them the better end of the deals. i’m not gonna post details of a deal on here without an NDA and a contract because I learned my lesson. It’s no big deal if you don’t wanna work with me, I have two people that are working with me anyway right now. I’m just seeing if there’s more people that want in. It’s not a big deal.  if you’re not interested, you’re not interested. 

Great on you for finding good deals in this current market that is huge!

 I think you may be taking Bob's candor the wrong way, you can discuss your experience level without an getting into the nitty gritty of the deals. You also said "I have many deals but this is our first deal", which is a little confusing.

What type of deal are you working with, are these buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, wholesales, on market, etc. These are the details I believe Bob is getting at and that people like him and myself would look for to know if we fit as a partner for you.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Omaha NE · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 31 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mike Dumont:

    Lost me at 'bowling people'  There is no useful information here.  


    She lost me when she could not get "alone".
  • Real Estate Broker · Omaha NE · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 31 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jeff Allen:
    Quote from @Mike Dumont:

    Lost me at 'bowling people'  There is no useful information here.  


    She lost me when she could not get "alone".

    Also unclear on "bowling people". 
  • Member since 2024 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    2y

    I think the point folks are making is that you won't get far on here with so little information.  Asking for an NDA and a contract before you tell them what they are even looking at in terms of price, location, type of real estate, etc. will get you nowhere quickly.  Also claiming bullying is very common on here when someone doesn't get the responses that they are looking for.  Folks here are mostly out to help and each of the post offered suggestions that, if followed, would help you in your endeavor.

  • Developer · Cleveland / Akron, OH · Member since 2008 · 922 posts · 399 votes
    2y

    Right. Criticism should not be looked at as an attack. Without re-reading the original post, it said "Deals are awesome, who wants to partner 20/80 and possibly sponsor?" 

    I'm assuming sponsor in this context meant put up all the money ( I haven't heard it used that way before), or maybe that plus guide the entire deal, giving a percentage to the OP for bird dogging the opportunity? Either way, pretty sparse on details, especially when looking for money (which wasn't clear). And it was also their first (or nearly first) post on the site.

  • Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 814 posts · 425 votes
    2y

    Your company opened its doors on March 25, 2024. 

    The story doesn't add up - anywhere. 

    You'll get a lot farther as a newb being honest and answering questions.

    Refusing to share the most primitive, non descript details is also a big indicator of newb thinking. 

    I remember when I was worried someone would steal my deal - when I was starting out. 

  • Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    @Ed O. I did answer peoples questions, but nobody was actually reading those comments. I’ve also been getting messages and I’ve been answering everybody’s questions in there. I’ve been studying this business along with my partner for over a decade, the fact that my company just opened its doors has nothing to do with that and I feel like I’m being shamed because of it even though everyone has to start out somewhere. People are making fun of me asking for an NDA when they want more information than I can give them on a first basis even though people in this group are the ones telling me to do that because I have been being screwed over. I never had a problem with sharing some of the details of the deals that are being given to me, my post was basically just seeing if anyone would be interested in partnering to begin with. The 20/80 thing people in this group also told me to do. Because I’m doing what I’m told by professionals in this business, I am being hacked apart. Me explaining it over and over and over and over again and comments and messages doesn’t even fix the fact that people keep tearing me apart regardless of how many times I answer everyone’s questions. It’s awful. I wake up every morning to the same posted questions on my post over and over and over in the same comments, basically degrading me and my business  and it’s not right considering I didn’t even do anything wrong. I’m just gonna get off of this site because I’m actually finding people to work with me off of the site. I don’t understand why people are so full of themselves here. I don’t like to deal with people like that so I’m out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.