Looking for Air BNB in Las Vegas

Looking for Air BNB in Las Vegas

Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 4 votes

Aloha,

I am looking to buy a potential Air bnb property in Las Vegas and have a few questions.

1. I was told only Henderson was accepting new short term rental applications. Is this true?

2. Are there any properties in Las Vegas underwritten for short term rentals? Or grandfathered in?

3. I’m looking to buy a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo with my mom living in one bedroom and air bnb the second bedroom, would this be profitable in Las Vegas? 


Thank you in advance for any help! 

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 459 posts · 305 votes
    2y

    The majority of Airbnb properties in Las Vegas are illegal and some owners have been fined very large amounts. 

    I would make sure you run the numbers for multiple different income models ( mid term, long term, rent by the room) before purchasing a property for an airbnb. 

  • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Stephen DeThample:

    The majority of Airbnb properties in Las Vegas are illegal and some owners have been fined very large amounts. 

    I would make sure you run the numbers for multiple different income models ( mid term, long term, rent by the room) before purchasing a property for an airbnb. 

    Thank you for your response! I will look at all the different models as well. 
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    2y

    Pretty sure you must be living in any Las Vegas STR units as your primary home while it's rented out. You could try NLV but it's a pretty bad idea in LV. Try MTR or another market.

  • Allen DuanPro Member
    Property Manager · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 590 posts · 463 votes
    2y

    Happy to help if you choose to pursue the MTR route in Las Vegas. I own a MTR property management company.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.