Urgent: Seeking Reliable GC/PM for Columbus, OH Triplex Project

Urgent: Seeking Reliable GC/PM for Columbus, OH Triplex Project

Investor · Westchester, NY · Member since 2021 · 91 posts · 83 votes

Hi BiggerPockets Community,

I hope this message finds everyone well. I've previously shared about the challenges I've been facing with a General Contractor (GC) in Columbus.

Name: Kevin Holmes

Company: Columbus Roofing and More

Communication has significantly declined after the last payment of $30,000 for a large project on a triplex. We are currently at a critical juncture, and with the project half-complete and a HML loan increased rate 22% a month looming.

Given the circumstances, I have decided to mitigate losses and search for a new contractor to take over. Additionally, I am seeking advice on the best legal actions to take against the previous contractor. Considering he likely has no funds to pay a settlement, I need guidance on viable legal strategies. (Read more here:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/1167190-strug...)

Specific Request:

- Reliable and communicative GC or Project Manager (PM) with experience in multi-family properties in Southern Orchards area.

- Legal advice on pursuing actions against the previous contractor.

Any contacts, insights, or experiences you could share would be incredibly valuable. I am grateful for this community's support and look forward to your recommendations.

Thank you all for your time and assistance!

3Reply
23 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Luctamar:

    Hi BiggerPockets Community,

    I hope this message finds everyone well. I've previously shared about the challenges I've been facing with a General Contractor (GC) in Columbus.

    Name: Kevin Holmes

    Company: Columbus Roofing and More

    Communication has significantly declined after the last payment of $30,000 for a large project on a triplex. We are currently at a critical juncture, and with the project half-complete and a HML loan increased rate 22% a month looming.

    Given the circumstances, I have decided to mitigate losses and search for a new contractor to take over. Additionally, I am seeking advice on the best legal actions to take against the previous contractor. Considering he likely has no funds to pay a settlement, I need guidance on viable legal strategies. (Read more here:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/1167190-strug...)

    Specific Request:

    - Reliable and communicative GC or Project Manager (PM) with experience in multi-family properties in Southern Orchards area.

    - Legal advice on pursuing actions against the previous contractor.

    Any contacts, insights, or experiences you could share would be incredibly valuable. I am grateful for this community's support and look forward to your recommendations.

    Thank you all for your time and assistance!

    Hi James, I'm an investor agent in Columbus Ohio and happy to send over a few of my investor friendly GC contacts who are licensed, bonded, and insured!

  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey James, I can send you a list of GCs here in Columbus. 

  • Investor · Westchester, NY · Member since 2021 · 91 posts · 83 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Samuel Diouf:

    Hey James, I can send you a list of GCs here in Columbus. 


     Hey! Thanks for responding, I have the reafco list already. I believe that is where I found him in the first place.

  • Investor · Westchester, NY · Member since 2021 · 91 posts · 83 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jimmy Lieu:
    Quote from @James Luctamar:

    Hi BiggerPockets Community,

    I hope this message finds everyone well. I've previously shared about the challenges I've been facing with a General Contractor (GC) in Columbus.

    Name: Kevin Holmes

    Company: Columbus Roofing and More

    Communication has significantly declined after the last payment of $30,000 for a large project on a triplex. We are currently at a critical juncture, and with the project half-complete and a HML loan increased rate 22% a month looming.

    Given the circumstances, I have decided to mitigate losses and search for a new contractor to take over. Additionally, I am seeking advice on the best legal actions to take against the previous contractor. Considering he likely has no funds to pay a settlement, I need guidance on viable legal strategies. (Read more here:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/1167190-strug...)

    Specific Request:

    - Reliable and communicative GC or Project Manager (PM) with experience in multi-family properties in Southern Orchards area.

    - Legal advice on pursuing actions against the previous contractor.

    Any contacts, insights, or experiences you could share would be incredibly valuable. I am grateful for this community's support and look forward to your recommendations.

    Thank you all for your time and assistance!

    Hi James, I'm an investor agent in Columbus Ohio and happy to send over a few of my investor friendly GC contacts who are licensed, bonded, and insured!

    Sent you a PM boss!
  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Luctamar:
    Quote from @Samuel Diouf:

    Hey James, I can send you a list of GCs here in Columbus. 


     Hey! Thanks for responding, I have the reafco list already. I believe that is where I found him in the first place.


     I have my own list that my team has been creating as we go. 

  • Investor · Westchester, NY · Member since 2021 · 91 posts · 83 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Samuel Diouf:
    Quote from @James Luctamar:
    Quote from @Samuel Diouf:

    Hey James, I can send you a list of GCs here in Columbus. 


     Hey! Thanks for responding, I have the reafco list already. I believe that is where I found him in the first place.


     I have my own list that my team has been creating as we go. 

    Sending you a PM Boss!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.