I recently passed my broker exam for the state of Illinois. I am seeking an investor friendly brokerage to hang my license.
My goal is to transact for friends and family as an agent, but I also actively market for wholesale deals throughout Chicagoland.
I am looking for a managing broker that is comfortable with me investing and performing wholesale transactions as well as providing guidance to act as a traditional buyers agent.
I'm based out of the western suburbs of Chicago. If anyone has any recommendations, please reach out so we can connect!
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
1y
Reach out to @Jake Fugman and @Jonathan Klemm who are both investors and licensed agents in the Chicago area. Also, @Sarita Scherpereel. All of them may have brokerage advice that fits what you want.
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
1y
Reach out to @Jake Fugman and @Jonathan Klemm who are both investors and licensed agents in the Chicago area. Also, @Sarita Scherpereel. All of them may have brokerage advice that fits what you want.
Accountant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
I would echo @Jonathan Greene. All of the people he mentioned are great resources to the Chicago real estate community. To add, I would include @John Warren and Brie Schmidt here as well.
I got my license with the exact same mindset and super happy that I did. You will find that there are a ton of great Chicago brokerages...
I think the biggest thing you will find is that most of the name brands (Coldwell, Keller Williams, EXP, etc.) have great training, but their level of investor knowledge will depend on your managing broker or team lead.
I got my managing brokers license and have a few agents in our company that have the exact same mindset as you. Happy to connect to talk more about what exactly you are looking for.
Property Manager · Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb) · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
@Jake Brady Congrats! In 20 years I have seen more people start and not finish the class/exam then pass so you are part of the minority. We are in Roselle and definitly are investment minded firm and would love to talk if you are interested!