Minneapolis Real Estate Tax Professional

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    1y

    @David Paull

    Bigger Pockets is a great place to find an accountant specializing in real estate taxation.

    A good real estate accountant can save you thousands of dollars by leveraging entity selection and formation, tax deductions, cost segregations, bonus depreciation and tax planning.

    I recommend finding an accountant specializing in real estate taxation, business taxation, financial planning and tax planning.

    Consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

    I would also recommend looking for an accountant willing to work with you throughout the year. You want an accountant who can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the consequences of the financial decisions you are making throughout the year.

    Good luck.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Realtor · Bloomington MN (bloomington, mn) · Member since 2016 · 451 posts · 263 votes
    1y

    My recommendation would be @John Woodrich  <[email protected]>

  • Sean O'KeefePro Member
    CPA | Accepting new clients | 50 States · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    1y
    Quote from @David Paull:

    Can anyone recommend an experienced, knowledgeable real estate tax professional for filing taxes in the twin cities area please? 

    I'm a Real Estate CPA. I work exclusively with real estate (inc. developers) and are looking for help accurately filing taxes and finding ways to optimize their tax positions. Feel free to reach out if you are still looking for help. 
  • Aaron ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Accountant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    David - if you’re interested in working with someone that’s not in the twin cities, I’d recommend scouring through the forums and reaching out to CPAs on here. Otherwise, I’d check with local investor groups to see who people use. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.