~2M portfolio - can anyone do 85% LTV or higher for under 8.5%?

~2M portfolio - can anyone do 85% LTV or higher for under 8.5%?

Member since 2021 · 107 posts · 82 votes

Negotiating on a portfolio of 18 properties (25 doors, almost all SFH. some duplex, one odd one) for ~2M. 1.4+ DSCR, 800+ FICO, plenty of W2 income if needed, borrowing in an LLC. in western Pennsylvania. Anyone working with a lender that will do 85% LTV or higher under 8.5%? if you have a lender that is possibly willing, let me know and I can share the details. Thanks!

0Reply
11 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 957 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Karolina Powell:

    Negotiating on a portfolio of 18 properties (25 doors, almost all SFH. some duplex, one odd one) for ~2M. 1.4+ DSCR, 800+ FICO, plenty of W2 income if needed, borrowing in an LLC. in western Pennsylvania. Anyone working with a lender that will do 85% LTV or higher under 8.5%? if you have a lender that is possibly willing, let me know and I can share the details. Thanks!


    Our rate will be way below 8.5% (most likely under 7%), but based on the property types, we'd be capped at 75% LTV Max.

  • Member since 2021 · 107 posts · 82 votes
    1y

    Even if I’m willing to do a separate loan on the odd one (a five plex)?  Everything else in the portfolio is 1-4

    • Scott WolfPro Member
      Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 957 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Karolina Powell:

      Even if I’m willing to do a separate loan on the odd one (a five plex)?  Everything else in the portfolio is 1-4


      Yes. If it were all SFH, we could do 80% LTV.

  • Jared RineBusiness Member
    Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 277 votes
    1y

    @Karolina Powell..I'm going to add my $0.02 to this. Full disclosure, I'm a mortgage broker out of CA who places this type of $$. There are lenders out there who will do some of what you're looking for, in some capacity, but not all of it. Example - 85% is achievable out there, but only on 1-unit SFR's, and most lenders will typically have loan amount minimums (it seems based on an average from the info provided, even if these were all 1-Unit they would not hit those minimums). I don't claim to know everyone in the space, but 2-4 units are typically maxed at 80%, many lenders at 75% LTV. 85% or higher would be way too risky in this market. However you structure it, and whoever is doing the loan, you should be able to get less than 8.5% interest rate assuming all markers are hit that you mentioned.

    I might be able to help you, but I'd have to see more details, and likely would be maxed at 80%.  Pricing should be better than 8.5%. Part of the issue as well is the value/price per property is in a lower range, and thus loan amount is smaller, which I know works for these types of portfolios, but it's not necessarily what these lenders WANT to lend on.  Hope this helps. PM if you need. 

    Jared Rine United Lending Partners53 Reviews
    View Page
  • Brittany MinocchiBusiness Member
    Lender · Massillon, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 486 votes
    1y

    I can't say for sure without more specific info about the properties, investment experience, occupancy %, etc....but I'm happy to take a look at this for you and see if I can find a lender willing to lend under those parameters, or as close as we can get! You mentioned in another comment that one of the properties is a 5-plex...that's considered commercial, so it would need to be done separately from the 1-4 unit properties. Feel free to reach out! 

    Brittany Minocchi - Barrett Financial Group, LLC522 Reviews
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.