Chattanooga Development Opportunity

Chattanooga Development Opportunity

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 287 posts · 152 votes

I currently have 10 acres under contract in Chattanooga that can be developed into apartments or mixed use commercial. I live in Tampa and I'm looking to JV with a developer in Chattanooga, I can offer favorable terms as well as a commission to a realtor that can connect us. Feel free to comment or message me if you know someone who may be interested.

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Kristi KandelPro Member
Developer · Fort Myers Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 383 posts · 195 votes
1y
Quote from @Joseph Stern:
Quote from @Kristi Kandel:
Quote from @Joseph Stern:

I currently have 10 acres under contract in Chattanooga that can be developed into apartments or mixed use commercial. I live in Tampa and I'm looking to JV with a developer in Chattanooga, I can offer favorable terms as well as a commission to a realtor that can connect us. Feel free to comment or message me if you know someone who may be interested.

@Joseph Stern What made you put it under contract? What part of the development process do you have expertise in and what expertise are you looking for from your development partner?


Actually because I buy mobile home parks, so I put a mobile home park under contract in the same area and the owner mentioned he owns some land down the road as well that can be developed and gave me pretty favorable terms and price on it so I am exploring my options if it makes sense to close on the land as well or just the park. I am new to development but not to construction, I'm a GC in Tampa but I don't do any ground up projects. That is why I'm looking for a developer to JV on the deal with.

@Joseph Stern ahhh gotcha. That makes sense and is typically how we "find" extra land in markets we are doing projects. It seems you have the zoning / possible uses identified so the next step would be to engage the local brokers to see what the market actually needs on that land and what the tenants are willing to pay. That will determine if apts or mixed use (or a combo)  are the highest and best use for the land. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 56 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    Hi joseph,

    I am a Nationwide Direct Lender if you need assistance with the financial side of this deal

  • Kristi KandelPro Member
    Developer · Fort Myers Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 383 posts · 195 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Joseph Stern:

    I currently have 10 acres under contract in Chattanooga that can be developed into apartments or mixed use commercial. I live in Tampa and I'm looking to JV with a developer in Chattanooga, I can offer favorable terms as well as a commission to a realtor that can connect us. Feel free to comment or message me if you know someone who may be interested.

    @Joseph Stern What made you put it under contract? What part of the development process do you have expertise in and what expertise are you looking for from your development partner?

    • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 287 posts · 152 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kristi Kandel:
      Quote from @Joseph Stern:

      I currently have 10 acres under contract in Chattanooga that can be developed into apartments or mixed use commercial. I live in Tampa and I'm looking to JV with a developer in Chattanooga, I can offer favorable terms as well as a commission to a realtor that can connect us. Feel free to comment or message me if you know someone who may be interested.

      @Joseph Stern What made you put it under contract? What part of the development process do you have expertise in and what expertise are you looking for from your development partner?


      Actually because I buy mobile home parks, so I put a mobile home park under contract in the same area and the owner mentioned he owns some land down the road as well that can be developed and gave me pretty favorable terms and price on it so I am exploring my options if it makes sense to close on the land as well or just the park. I am new to development but not to construction, I'm a GC in Tampa but I don't do any ground up projects. That is why I'm looking for a developer to JV on the deal with.

    • Kristi KandelPro Member
      Developer · Fort Myers Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 383 posts · 195 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Joseph Stern:
      Quote from @Kristi Kandel:
      Quote from @Joseph Stern:

      I currently have 10 acres under contract in Chattanooga that can be developed into apartments or mixed use commercial. I live in Tampa and I'm looking to JV with a developer in Chattanooga, I can offer favorable terms as well as a commission to a realtor that can connect us. Feel free to comment or message me if you know someone who may be interested.

      @Joseph Stern What made you put it under contract? What part of the development process do you have expertise in and what expertise are you looking for from your development partner?


      Actually because I buy mobile home parks, so I put a mobile home park under contract in the same area and the owner mentioned he owns some land down the road as well that can be developed and gave me pretty favorable terms and price on it so I am exploring my options if it makes sense to close on the land as well or just the park. I am new to development but not to construction, I'm a GC in Tampa but I don't do any ground up projects. That is why I'm looking for a developer to JV on the deal with.

      @Joseph Stern ahhh gotcha. That makes sense and is typically how we "find" extra land in markets we are doing projects. It seems you have the zoning / possible uses identified so the next step would be to engage the local brokers to see what the market actually needs on that land and what the tenants are willing to pay. That will determine if apts or mixed use (or a combo)  are the highest and best use for the land. 

  • Kp W.Pro Member
    Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2021 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    1y

    Hi Joseph! Congratulations. What part of Chattanooga is this? We are in the area and may be able to make a connection.

    • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 287 posts · 152 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kp W.:

      Hi Joseph! Congratulations. What part of Chattanooga is this? We are in the area and may be able to make a connection.


       Good to know! Signal mountain, I can send you a DM.

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    find @regthebuilder on instagram! hes a pro in Chat town!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.