Best Doorbell/Lock for STR Self Check-in

Best Doorbell/Lock for STR Self Check-in

Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 37 posts · 24 votes

What is everybody's go to for self check-in for their STRs? I will have my first soon and plan to get a smart lock or doorbell of some sort to make for an easy self check-in. Looking for one where I can generate new codes for each guest and a camera wouldn't hurt either to keep an eye on things when it's vacant. What has everyone here been using? Any other tips or advice about this kind of investment are appreciated as well. Thanks in advance!

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Atlanta · Member since 2022 · 708 posts · 639 votes
1y

Schlage Encode will get a lot of votes

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta · Member since 2022 · 708 posts · 639 votes
    1y

    Schlage Encode will get a lot of votes

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    1y

    Ring cameras and doorbell.

    Schlage Encode lock.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sterling Heights, MI · Member since 2009 · 71 posts · 14 votes
    1y

    @Andrew Self

    We have a ring doorbell with camera and a Schlage encode smart lock deadbolt on the front door. Both working fine for us with remote access from our phones. Considering getting another ring and Schlage setup for the side entrance here within the week.

    We didn’t experience with other systems so I have no good comparison but research suggests these are good options.

    Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Ring doorbell and Schlage Encode lock. Also a Sensi smart thermostat, so you can control the temperature in between guests and put upper and lower limits if you want.

  • Mike GrudzienPro Member
    Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Schlage Encode lock.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    +1 Schlage Encode

  • Timothy ChiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 45 votes
    1y

    I have used Sifely, Kwikset Halo, Schlage Encode. I vote the Encode all the way. Sifely's internet connection is mostly good but can be spotty. Kwikset Halo battery life is terrible in our cold climate. Encode I have had for close to 2 years now and it's been great. For cameras - I have used Lorex, Wyze, and Ring. I held off Ring because I didn't want to pay but the other 2 cameras have disconnected from my connection frequently enough. In the end I've been using Ring for a couple years and been happy with it. No disconnects with the wifi. Worth the cost.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Hey @Andrew Self, we use the Schlage Connect which is the Z Wave radio version of the WiFi lock. Our house is setup with a Samsung SmartThings Z Wave hub for automation.

    No Ring for us but we do have a Eufy camera near the door that can keep an eye on things.

    What's nice about the Connect is you integrate it into the SmartThings app and control all aspects of the lock. It is super easy to add/delete guests and see when they come and go.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.