Private Lender for a 2.5 Million apartment complex deal

Anchorage, AlaskaWantFinancingPrivate Money
Classifieds
10moFollow

Private Lender for a 2.5 Million apartment complex deal

Real Estate Broker · Louisville, IN · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 3 votes

I currently run a rental company in Anchorage with 8 doors and have been presented with an opportunity to purchase a 26 door apartment complex that brings in over 40K in revenue each month for 2.5 million. I have an 800 credit score and my personal income is 330K, yet the previous lender I used to purchase the previous properties wants me to put these up in the deal and give up a great interest rate I have on these properties. I would like to keep all of these transactions separate, in case I chose to sell sometime in the future. Please reach out if you would like to lend or possibly JV as I do have financing for 2 million and would need a JV partner to bring in the remaining 500K and I would repay at a good rate.

1Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris S.Business Member
Property Manager · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 175 posts · 160 votes
10mo

Hey @Michael J Cluver

I'm a property manager in Anchorage and if you're talking about the 26 Plex on Bragaw I would recommend you not buy it. We used to do tenant placements for the owner and lets just say he does not take very good care of his properties. You are going to encounter way more issues than it's worth. There's a reason why it's been listed for sale for so long.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Reginald TrussPro Member
    Lender · Toledo, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 96 votes
    10mo

    Michael — this is exactly the type of structure I help experienced operators with.

    If your current lender is requiring cross-collateralization on your existing doors, you don’t have to go that route. I have capital sources that stay deal-specific and don’t touch your current portfolio.

    Before I point this to the right group, I need to confirm two quick things:

    1️⃣ Is your $2M financing already soft-approved and ready to go?
    2️⃣ Is the $500K gap strictly equity, or are you open to a structured JV that gets you to closing without giving up long-term control?

    If the numbers line up the way you described, I can get you real options without you having to risk your existing properties. Just let me know.

    – Reginald “Loan Father” Truss
    Business & Real Estate Capital

  • Michael J CluverPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Louisville, IN · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    10mo

    Yes and yes

  • Chris S.Business Member
    Property Manager · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 175 posts · 160 votes
    10mo

    Hey @Michael J Cluver

    I'm a property manager in Anchorage and if you're talking about the 26 Plex on Bragaw I would recommend you not buy it. We used to do tenant placements for the owner and lets just say he does not take very good care of his properties. You are going to encounter way more issues than it's worth. There's a reason why it's been listed for sale for so long.

  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 11 votes
    10mo

    Michael, congrats on lining up financing for most of the deal — that’s no small feat, especially on a 26-unit. Sounds like you’re being smart about keeping your existing properties separate too.

    I've spent a lot of time studying how investors locate private capital and JV partners through public records and local networks — happy to share general insight if it's ever helpful. Wishing you the best getting the remaining piece lined up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.