HomeStyle Renovation Loan Broker Needed

Dayton, OhioWantFinancingRefinance
Classifieds

HomeStyle Renovation Loan Broker Needed

Member since 2024 · 44 posts · 26 votes

Hello,

I need a Homestyle Renovation loan, I am in the SW Ohio area. Ideally someone would have multiple banks they work with that offer this. At this time I am not interested in hard money, dscr, or other financing. Most banks do not specialize in Homestyle so I am trying to find a lender with a good rate who does.

Thank you!

1Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
Moderator
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6mo

Hey There @John Friendas - I suggest connecting with @Joshua Jones or @Jose Valdovinos both are local to the Chicago area, but do loans across the country.  They are very versed in the renovation loans.

Also, knowing where you are with your project from your other post.  Make sure you arent trying to find the lowest rate...it's worth more to you to find a loan officer that can streamline this process and has great draw setup ready for your contractor.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6mo

    Hey There @John Friendas - I suggest connecting with @Joshua Jones or @Jose Valdovinos both are local to the Chicago area, but do loans across the country.  They are very versed in the renovation loans.

    Also, knowing where you are with your project from your other post.  Make sure you arent trying to find the lowest rate...it's worth more to you to find a loan officer that can streamline this process and has great draw setup ready for your contractor.

  • Lender · Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    6mo

    03/10/2026

    Dear, John Friendas

    As a savvy real estate investor you know the importance of having a ready source of investment capital. It is an ongoing challenge for even the most experienced of investors. This is where I can help.

    My name is Michael S. McCoy. I am an Independent Private Money Broker and I have access to the investment capital you want and need. I work directly with multiple lending sources to get you the best deal so you can focus your time and effort on your investments.

    I specialize in “fix & flip” funding, and also helping investors leverage their current free and clear or high equity investment property to reinvest through cross collateralization.

    Contact me today directly at 4802275033 or via email at [email protected] so I can help you with your investment capital needs. Or you can contact me by going to my website and filling out a contact form @ mandcip.com .

    Yours in Success,

    Michael S. McCoy

    Independent Private Money Broker

  • J CastroBusiness Member
    Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 673 posts · 240 votes
    6mo

    Hey @John Friendas
    That’s a great program when it fits the situation. The Fannie Mae HomeStyle Renovation Loan is offered through certain conventional lenders, but you’re right—many banks don’t specialize in it because the process can be more complex with contractor bids, escrowed renovation funds, and additional underwriting requirements.

    Your best bet is typically to work with a mortgage broker who partners with multiple banks that actively originate HomeStyle loans. They can compare programs, rates, and renovation guidelines across several lenders instead of you contacting each bank individually.

    A couple quick tips when pursuing a HomeStyle loan:

    • Make sure your contractor is experienced with renovation lending and can provide detailed bids.

    • Have a clear scope of work and timeline, since lenders review this closely.

    • Some lenders are more comfortable with cosmetic or moderate rehabs, while heavy structural projects can narrow the lender pool.

    Even though you're not looking at investor financing like hard money or DSCR right now, if your strategy eventually shifts toward investment properties or faster closings, those programs can sometimes complement renovation projects later on.

    Wishing you the best with the search—SW Ohio has some great opportunities for value-add projects.

    JCREIG Capital Funding
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.