Taxes for 2025

WantProfessionalsAccountant/CPA
Classifieds

Taxes for 2025

New to Real Estate · OR · Member since 2025 · 67 posts · 24 votes

Hello, 

I am looking for a person for taxes and that has knowledge in real estate and business. Our regular accountant has canceled our appointment due to a an terminal cancer diagnosis. 

Willing to travel outside of Eugene. 

Samantha 

2Reply
87 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    6mo

    @Samantha Chacon-Johnson

    I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation and is proactive instead of reactive when providing advice.

    Working remotely with your accountant will expand your options. The best person for the job may not be local.

    I would also recommend looking for an accountant who will work with you throughout the year. You want an accountant who can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the consequences of the financial decisions you are making throughout the year.

    Happy to answer any questions. Good luck.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · OR · Member since 2025 · 67 posts · 24 votes
    6mo
    Yes. I traveled 2 hours for mine.
    • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
      Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
      6mo
      Quote from @Samantha Chacon-Johnson:
      Yes. I traveled 2 hours for mine.

       Samantha, many accountants can work with you remotely so you don't have to travel. That's something you should request with your new accountant. 

      Good luck. 

      Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
    • New to Real Estate · OR · Member since 2025 · 67 posts · 24 votes
      6mo

      @Bill Hampton I really like in person. I feel it makes it easier to explain things and naturally bring up questions I would not otherwise ask. I have a hard time picking up non-verbal communication over zoom and therefore in person is best for me.   

  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6mo

    OP.  Actually meeting with our tax preparer today.  Ask several of your Commercial real estate brokers in the area who they recommend.  That is how we found ours.  

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6mo

    Hi Samantha,

    I’m really sorry to hear that .. 

    Given you have both real estate and business involved, this is one of those moments where having the right person matters more than just having someone available. There’s a lot of nuance there, and it helps to have someone who can step in, get things handled, and also think a bit further ahead for you.

    Also, just to open up your options ...you’re not limited to Eugene. Many firms (ours included) work with clients across the country in a fully remote setting, so you can prioritize fit and expertise over location, especially when timing is important.

    In situations like this, what tends to help most is having someone who can stabilize things now, but also bring structure and clarity going forward so you’re not dealing with uncertainty year after year.

    Happy to point you in the right direction.

    Wishing you the best as you get this sorted.

  • CPA| New Clients Welcome| 50 States · Member since 2016 · 440 posts · 93 votes
    6mo

    @Samantha Chacon-Johnson, hi. Sorry to hear that, wishing them the best.

    The good news is location is not really a limitation anymore, many CPAs (myself included) work with clients across multiple states remotely.

    What matters most is finding someone with real estate + business experience.

    Happy to connect.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.