Mentor for out of state

Tampa, FloridaWantEducationMentor
Classifieds

Mentor for out of state

Tampa, FL · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 9 votes

Hello,

If you live in Tampa and invest in Cleveland, Ohio.   Can you please inbox me.  I am looking to connect with someone who can provide some guidance.  Thank you in advance for taking your time.  

3Reply
92 views

Most Popular Reply

Min ZhangBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3mo

Hey Amado!

Since you're investing from Tampa, you might want to check out Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene. It's a solid resource for anyone buying property out of state.

Here's a summary if you want a quick read:
https://www.nateliason.com/notes/long-distance-real-estate-investing-david-greene

One thing the book really emphasizes is having a strong local team, like a Realtor, contractor, lender, and property manager. It makes a big difference when you're investing from another state.

I invest in Columbus and Cleveland, so if you need any Ohio contacts or just want to bounce around ideas, feel free to reach out. Happy to help however I can!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3mo

    Hey Amado!

    Since you're investing from Tampa, you might want to check out Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene. It's a solid resource for anyone buying property out of state.

    Here's a summary if you want a quick read:
    https://www.nateliason.com/notes/long-distance-real-estate-investing-david-greene

    One thing the book really emphasizes is having a strong local team, like a Realtor, contractor, lender, and property manager. It makes a big difference when you're investing from another state.

    I invest in Columbus and Cleveland, so if you need any Ohio contacts or just want to bounce around ideas, feel free to reach out. Happy to help however I can!

  • Jorge VazquezBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 685 votes
    2mo

    Hi Amado,

    I don't personally invest in Cleveland, but after 25+ years in real estate and 3,500+ transactions, I'd recommend connecting with a strong local team before buying there.

    I'd be happy to share how I evaluate out-of-state markets, build relationships with boots-on-the-ground partners, and the due diligence process we use before investing. That framework applies no matter where you're buying.

    Feel free to send me a DM if that would be helpful. Best of luck!

    Graystone Investment Group4.6277 Reviews
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 931 votes
    2mo
    Quote from @Amado Torres:

    Hello,

    If you live in Tampa and invest in Cleveland, Ohio.   Can you please inbox me.  I am looking to connect with someone who can provide some guidance.  Thank you in advance for taking your time.  


    I think it’s great you’re looking into Cleveland as an out-of-state market. The biggest thing with remote investing is having the right boots-on-the-ground team and understanding the neighborhoods, because the numbers can look good on paper, but location and operations make all the difference. I’d focus on building relationships with local investors, lenders, contractors, and property managers who know the market well. Having reliable people in place will make the process much smoother.
  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2mo

    I'm originally from Florida and started investing in Ohio. 

    I would focus on growing relationships and building your core 4. Having a team in place is essential to long-distance investing. The core 4 consists of a realtor, contractor, property manager, and a lender. Once you have this team in place, you should have the foundation to invest in any market confidently while not being there physically.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.