Real Estate Investor · Far Rockaway, NY · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 5 votes
I am looking to build a reputable team that includes a licensed general contractor, a rental agent, and management. I am looking to rehab multi-family units and am new to the area. I also want to know what to look out for and what I should be aware of.
Looking forward to hearing from other like-minded investors.
I am looking to build a reputable team that includes a licensed general contractor, a rental agent, and management. I am looking to rehab multi-family units and am new to the area. I also want to know what to look out for and what I should be aware of.
Looking forward to hearing from other like-minded investors.
Good to connect with you @Nico Antonelli. I'm an investor agent here in Columbus. I sell a ton of off-market deals to investors like yourself that are buying in columbus, cleveland, and dayton.
Happy to connect you with my core-4 team of conctractors, good lenders, PM, and send you off-market deals. Feel free to pm me.
Cleveland, OH · Member since 2026 · 47 posts · 6 votes
2mo
Welcome to Cleveland! Just a quick heads up, your biggest hurdle out of state is definitely going to be finding a solid GC and PM. Make sure to cross-check any names you get here with the local Cleveland REI Facebook groups before writing any checks.
Honestly, trying to manage a team and long-distance rehabs became such a headache for me that I eventually pivoted into HCG strategies. It completely skips the contractor and tenant drama but keeps the returns predictable.
If you go the traditional route, just over-vet everyone! But if you ever want to bounce ideas around or chat about how HCG works to bypass the whole team-building phase, shoot me a DM. Good luck!
I am looking to build a reputable team that includes a licensed general contractor, a rental agent, and management. I am looking to rehab multi-family units and am new to the area. I also want to know what to look out for and what I should be aware of.
Looking forward to hearing from other like-minded investors.
You're asking the right questions because your team can make or break an out-of-state investment. I'd focus on building relationships with a reliable contractor, investor-friendly property manager, agent, and local lender before buying your first deal. Also, spend time learning Cleveland neighborhood by neighborhood since they can vary a lot in tenant quality, appreciation, and renovation costs. Getting those pieces in place early will save you a lot of headaches as you scale.
I am looking to build a reputable team that includes a licensed general contractor, a rental agent, and management. I am looking to rehab multi-family units and am new to the area. I also want to know what to look out for and what I should be aware of.
Looking forward to hearing from other like-minded investors.
Hey Nico, I'd start with an investor-friendly agent, then build out your contractor and property manager through trusted local referrals.
I'd also take the time to understand Cleveland's lead-safe certification requirements and which suburbs have point-of-sale inspections before you buy. Those can have a big impact on your timeline and renovation budget. Happy to help if you need any local contacts.
We pull multifamily off probate, foreclosure, and code violation records in Cleveland before they hit the MLS—gives you first look at off-market deals that often need rehab work. That's exactly the kind of inventory that works well with a solid GC and management team in place. The leads come with owner contact info and property condition data upfront, so you can qualify fast. Happy to share what we're currently tracking in Cleveland if that's useful for your pipeline.
I am looking to build a reputable team that includes a licensed general contractor, a rental agent, and management. I am looking to rehab multi-family units and am new to the area. I also want to know what to look out for and what I should be aware of.
Looking forward to hearing from other like-minded investors.
Good to connect with you @Nico Antonelli. I'm an investor agent here in Columbus. I sell a ton of off-market deals to investors like yourself that are buying in columbus, cleveland, and dayton.
Happy to connect you with my core-4 team of conctractors, good lenders, PM, and send you off-market deals. Feel free to pm me.
One thing that'll help before you commit to a neighborhood: pull the county auditor's code violation and tax delinquency records for whatever area you're eyeing. It tells you a lot about a block's actual condition and how many owners are distressed vs stable, better signal than driving it once. Cuyahoga County's auditor site has parcel-level data you can cross-check against whatever your team sends you.