Looking for a property manager in Memphis

Looking for a property manager in Memphis

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote

Does anyone recommend a good property manager in Memphis, Tennessee?

1Reply
109 views

Most Popular Reply

Josh HandlerPro Member
Contractor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2026 · 61 posts · 66 votes
1mo

Chad, one worth calling is 901 Asset Management, ask for Rosina at 901-430-0700. Flat-rate structure, no maintenance markup, and they know the Section 8 side of Memphis well if that's part of your plan.

Whoever you end up with, Eduardo's checklist above is the right screen, and I'd add one more question: ask who actually does their maintenance and turns, and whether repairs get marked up. That's where Memphis owners quietly bleed money. The management fee is usually the smaller number, a cheaper fee means nothing if every work order carries a padded invoice.

For context, I run a construction company here in Memphis and we handle turns and maintenance for a lot of out-of-state owners and their PMs, so I see the clean and the ugly owner statements every week.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2018 · 195 posts · 82 votes
    1mo

    I would ask every referral for the same 5 items before you pick names: sample owner statement, repair approval threshold, invoice backup, tenant notice process, and when owner funds are sent.

    The PM with the slickest sales call is not always the PM with the cleanest owner packet. Memphis is operationally doable, but I would make the reporting test happen before the management agreement, not after.

  • Jordan RayBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2023 · 623 posts · 322 votes
    1mo
    Quote from @Chad Hoopes:

    Does anyone recommend a good property manager in Memphis, Tennessee?


    I recommend RiverTown Realty! They manage mine and all of my clients properties! I currently have 10 properties and they have earned their weight in gold!

  • Mike MoseePro Member
    Investor · Eagle Point, OR · Member since 2011 · 181 posts · 118 votes
    1mo

    Hi Chad

    We've used Mid South Home Rentals, division of Enterprise Realtors, successfully for 15 years, 24 doors.

    901-451-5201, Chris Peak, manager.    Glad to talk about our experience with you.

    Best,

    Mike

  • Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 875 posts · 394 votes
    1mo

    I work with Marathon and they are fantastic

  • Josh HandlerPro Member
    Contractor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2026 · 61 posts · 66 votes
    1mo

    Chad, one worth calling is 901 Asset Management, ask for Rosina at 901-430-0700. Flat-rate structure, no maintenance markup, and they know the Section 8 side of Memphis well if that's part of your plan.

    Whoever you end up with, Eduardo's checklist above is the right screen, and I'd add one more question: ask who actually does their maintenance and turns, and whether repairs get marked up. That's where Memphis owners quietly bleed money. The management fee is usually the smaller number, a cheaper fee means nothing if every work order carries a padded invoice.

    For context, I run a construction company here in Memphis and we handle turns and maintenance for a lot of out-of-state owners and their PMs, so I see the clean and the ugly owner statements every week.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.