Looking to make a group for New Jersey Investing

HaveFinancingCrowdfunding
Classifieds

Looking to make a group for New Jersey Investing

Investor · Iselin, NJ · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 6 votes

I want to make a group that would put into 5-10k each and we could start investing in New Jersey using a LLC.

Contact me further info, I am still fleshing this out, but would like to get about 50k total and use Bigger Pockets ideas to flip distressed properties using 1031 exchanges.

I would have skin in the game as well.

thanks

Jay

1Reply
4 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    What's your ultimate goal?

    What are you planning to 1031 exchange into? A duplex, Triplex, or commercial rentals? 

  • Investor · Iselin, NJ · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    After going through each flip which is a little higher than the one before

    Goals/Steps: 

    1. Get to 200k equity/sales from 50k 

    the 200k equity will give better leverage when doing deals

    2. More flips, Move onto 1MM in after tax equity on sale, this can be any real estate

    at this point if there are 5 members each would get 200k and can vote to dissolve or move on to next stage. again 200k means more leverage, an individual can do flips on there  own

    3. More Flips, the next stage if 5 out of 5 agree to stay, is to get to equity levels of 1MM each after tax using commercial real estate

    We would then see who wants to stick around and refinance out people who want to leave.

    This is not a sit back and get rich scheme, would expect each individual to do 20-30 hours of analysis on properties. Each member should understand that no money from this will feed them until we get into commercial properties that would give lease amounts.

  • Lender · Four Oaks, NC · Member since 2013 · 369 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    pm sent

  • Investor · Spotswood, NJ · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 3 votes
    11y
  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 294 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    I'm interested and I guess depending on who ends up in the group we'd divide the work according to skill sets. I like the ideas though of forming a group to spread out the risk and starting small while working our way up.

  • Investor · Iselin, NJ · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Alright guys i been thinking hard and wonder what people think about this as investment property. I'm looking for ideas and perspectives.

    http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profi...

    thanks

  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 294 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    We'd certainly need a lot more information. The first thing that comes to mind is, "is it occupied?" If so, how will the repairs be done? If not, then there's no income and because it's a commercial property getting financing will be difficult. 

  • Investor · West New York, NJ · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Jay,

    Wondering if this is still an active conversation.  if so, I am also interested in Joining an investment club.

    PM also sent to you.

    Eddie

  • Somerset, NJ · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I may be too new to the REI world and not have enough knowledge/skills to contribute as much as most other members of BP, but I am interested nonetheless.

  • Dumfries, VA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    If this is still active, I am interested as well.

  • Investor · Iselin, NJ · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    To everyone interested. Please give me a reasonable availability to do a google hangouts.

    I am thinking This Saturday or Sunday 7pm EST.

    Respond yes available and I will set up a google hangouts request.

  • JV Contractor Syndicate Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2015 · 283 posts · 24 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jayakrishna Bommasamudram:

    I want to make a group that would put into 5-10k each and we could start investing in New Jersey using a LLC.

    Contact me further info, I am still fleshing this out, but would like to get about 50k total and use Bigger Pockets ideas to flip distressed properties using 1031 exchanges.

    I would have skin in the game as well.

    thanks

    Jay

     I am interested in exploring. I shall also skin in the game

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.