VA Loan in Sacramento area

WantFinancingConventional
Classifieds

VA Loan in Sacramento area

Roseville, CA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 5 votes

I'm looking for a multi-family that will be financed with my VA loan. I have been pre-approved through Navy Federal Credit Union and they will only allow up to a duplex and will not count rental income towards how much I am pre-approved for. Does anyone know any lenders that will count rental income towards a pre-approval for someone who has no landlord experience? Looking to buy in Roseville, Rocklin, Antelope, Citrus Heights, Carmichael, and maybe Sacramento ( I just have to become more familiar with the good and bad areas).

0Reply
6 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    10y

    @Branden SmithI am checking with my lenders to see which ones will allow the rental income to be counted.

  • Johnson Creek, WI · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Va you should be able to get a 4plex.  See what you can do to make that happen, much more substance in your investing and a lot more padding if a tenant leaves.

  • Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    David Leal - Freedom Mortgage, (702) 812-4516. Tell him I referred you. He's a great guy and they do TON's of VA loans.

  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    10y
    @Branden Smith I can do a 1-4 unit VA loan. No internal restriction.

    VA requires landlord experience to count rental income for DTI. Do you have landlord experience? This is not a lender decision. The VA dictates this requirement.

    Upen Patel
    Mortgage Banker, National Lender
    web: www.thefederalsavingsbank.com/upenpatel
    The Federal Savings Bank
    cell: (571) 331-5161
    email: [email protected]

    Federal NMLS# 1374243

  • Roseville, CA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Gordon Cuffe thanks for your help you are always quick to respond! 

    @Michael Galesky I absolutely like the idea of a fourplex for that reason. Thanks!

    @Charlie Fitzgerald thanks I will give him a call! 

    @Upen Patel I have no landlord experience at the moment. I was worried that it would be something the VA decides. Thanks!

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    10y

    @Branden Smithone of my lenders said they could count the income for a VA loan. send me a email and I can tell you more

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.