Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 7 votes
Hello All-
My name is Matt Bell and my business partner and I moved to Charleston, SC just under 2 years ago. We currently manage the Renovation Division for a series of funds based in both Charleston and New York. The fund(s) currently owns just over 3000 homes in 15 MSAs in 9 states and our team has renovated over 2500 of those. We both are investors individually in addition to consulting full-time for the fund. We are looking for any/all individuals that might be able to help with acquisition in the markets that the fund is currently in. Looking to acquire for both the fund as well as personally. Most of our acquisition is buy and hold SFR but we are open to all viable opportunities. We are always looking for partners and/or like-minded individuals that are actively involved in real estate as well. Specifically looking for contacts and/or opportunities in the following cities:
Charleston,SC - Columbia, SC - Greenville, SC - Augusta, GA - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NC - Winston-Salem, NC - Nashville, TN - Cincinnati, OH - Columbus, OH - Dayton, OH - Indianapolis, IN - Kansas City, MO - Birmingham, AL - Huntsville, AL
Wholesalers especially! I look forward to interacting with all of you. You never know where your next deal will come from!
Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
10y
Matthew Bell the backbone of this website community was built on the mom and pop investor that owns 1-2 rentals and the small time investor with 20 or less. To us the hedge funds are doing a disservice in the community driving up prices and driving down cap rates to the point where they do not make sense. So what is your opinion on the damage that the companies you work for have done in our backyards.
Wholesaler · Garner, NC · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 3 votes
10y
Hi matt, I'm a wholesaler operating in Raleigh NC. I currently have a 4bd/2.5ba 1745sqft home built in 2008 under contract in SE Raleigh. I have it listed here in the marketplace "SE Raleigh rental SFR wholesale" it was posted about half an hour ago.
Do you have any specifics on what your looking for? I.e. minimum ROI, price range, etc? Prefered areas?
My name is Matt Bell and my business partner and I moved to Charleston, SC just under 2 years ago. We currently manage the Renovation Division for a series of funds based in both Charleston and New York. The fund(s) currently owns just over 3000 homes in 15 MSAs in 9 states and our team has renovated over 2500 of those. We both are investors individually in addition to consulting full-time for the fund. We are looking for any/all individuals that might be able to help with acquisition in the markets that the fund is currently in. Looking to acquire for both the fund as well as personally. Most of our acquisition is buy and hold SFR but we are open to all viable opportunities. We are always looking for partners and/or like-minded individuals that are actively involved in real estate as well. Specifically looking for contacts and/or opportunities in the following cities:
Charleston,SC - Columbia, SC - Greenville, SC - Augusta, GA - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NC - Winston-Salem, NC - Nashville, TN - Cincinnati, OH - Columbus, OH - Dayton, OH - Indianapolis, IN - Kansas City, MO - Birmingham, AL - Huntsville, AL
Wholesalers especially! I look forward to interacting with all of you. You never know where your next deal will come from!
Thanks
Matt
Matt
How are you? I sold most of my turn key in both Atlanta and Charlotte in 2013. To Invitation Homes at the time they purchased 7000 in our market alone. Made the jump to commercial still have a few opportunities for larger clients.
I am building turnkey Rentals in
- Columbia, SC - Greenville, SC - Augusta, GA - Charlotte, NC ( anything 45 minutes from CHarlotte NC have 58 town homes going in Salisbury NC )
Looking at setting up in these market if we can find the tract builders
Raleigh, NC - Winston-Salem, NC setting up shop. These are all turn key for one company. Look forward to speaking some time
Flipper/Rehabber · Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2013 · 547 posts · 235 votes
10y
I am your man in Charleston! Just assigned contracts on 2 SFR rental properties this month with more in the works. My phone number and email are in my BP profile if you would like to get in touch. @Matthew Bell
Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
10y
Matthew Bell the backbone of this website community was built on the mom and pop investor that owns 1-2 rentals and the small time investor with 20 or less. To us the hedge funds are doing a disservice in the community driving up prices and driving down cap rates to the point where they do not make sense. So what is your opinion on the damage that the companies you work for have done in our backyards.
I am your man in Charleston! Just assigned contracts on 2 SFR rental properties this month with more in the works. My phone number and email are in my BP profile if you would like to get in touch. @Matthew Bell
If you are in Charleston please look up Russ he understand that market
I think the backbone of the entire investing community was built on the mom and pop investor as well as the small investor w/ <20 homes. My response to your comments is that I have worked with hundreds of investor both large and small and have always found a way to help them succeed. I think that kind of thinking is small minded and self limiting. There is ALWAYS opportunity in real estate, whether values are high or low, whether the immediate area has small or large investors, etc. Specifically, here are my thoughts:
(a) If you are dependent on MLS opportunities, then you should expect tons of competition as it is available to everyone, big and small. I would suggest spending more time looking for off market opportunities. Outwork others. If I were back in Augusta still functioning as a buyers agent, I would outperform the fund on ROI for my investors by at least 5 points. The fact is, that in order to do volume most institutional buyers sacrifice some on the return. You and I can be much more picky.
(b) When prices are higher, it is a much better opportunity to flip than to buy and hold. Unless you like to attempt to take lower Cash on Cash return in exchange for possible upside on equity. I myself, do not, as this is speculative investing. You cannot control the market conditions, but you can successfully invest in any market condition.
(c) Lastly, as it relates to foreclosure properties, the mom and pop investors do not have the ability to move the needle by themselves. What I mean by that is foreclosure properties in disrepair (which are the vast majority) will not be approved by traditional lenders. This means that the vacant trashed homes in many neighborhoods will simply continue to sit there until an investor comes along to try to rehab and/or make money on it. Traditional homeowners are not a possibility. Unless the mom and pop/smaller investors are BOTH capitalized heavily AND motivated, many of these properties sit vacant to this day. Everywhere.
No one should know your backyard as well as you do. Especially those buyers that are not local. The opportunities for you and every local are there. You just have to find them.
We are always looking for premarket REO in all of our markets. If you have access to these prior to listing on the MLS, I am extremely interested in having that conversation. Lets touch base in the next couple days offline. Is your contact info on your page? Please let me know and we can set up a time. I would appreciate it very much.
Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
10y
Hey Matthew. If you are interested in buying in Nashville then I am your man. I am wholesaling about 5 properties a month right now. I will reach out to you to get your criteria.