Tampa Luxurious 4Plex generates $2,100 per unit Asking $825k

HavePropertiesResidentialFourplex
Classifieds

Tampa Luxurious 4Plex generates $2,100 per unit Asking $825k

Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 467 posts · 57 votes

This 4 plex was ripped to the studs and all but rebuilt. When work is finished next month 4 tenants are all ready lined up at $2,100 per month.
Each unit is a 2/2 with laundry hook ups. Beautiful wood flooring and high end finishes are being installed as you are reading this.

This is (arguably) the most desirable neighborhood of the booming South Tampa market. It is walking distance to nightlife and restaurants and a quick hop in the car to major employment centers, 2 of the largest malls in the bay area, Tampa General Hospital, and Tampa international airport. This is not an area that will be hard to keep occupied.

Owner wants to keep this off market and low key for now. I expect a slight price increase when this hits MLS on project completion/tenants moving in.

To be blunt if I had it my way I'd just list this at $925. An investor familiar with the local market would probably grab it close to that price for appreciation (of both rents and property)/ prestige of owning a property in the area.

If you have serious interest I will obviously provide you with the property address and show you the property.

I love everything about this deal, from the quality of the property to the cap rate we are selling it at. Owner is obviously willing to sell after tenants have moved in/project is 100% completed. Currently less than 30 days out.

Cap rate break down:

Purchase price $825,000

8400/month %12.2 gross cap

Assuming 30% as costs  8.5% cap

With $200k down and 4,000/month in payments:

1880/month profit-> 11% return on cash

(Please feel free to correct my math!)

0Reply
5 views

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    I'm a newbie, but I wish I could do this deal with some assistance 

  • Real Estate Investor · Long Beach, NY · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    could you pls give a breakdown of taxes, insurance, maintenance, utilites, etc.?

    thanks in advance

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Devon, I am a local Tampa investor and live in Hyde Park. I own a few properties in this neighborhood. So yes, I am interested. Can you send em the address and lockbox if available. [email protected]. My website is www.secondhalfproperties.com Joe
  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 467 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    Property is still being worked on and has no lockbox. We're less than 30 days from completion/move in date of tenants.

    Owner pays

    Water/trash. 159.00/mo

    Exterior Lights. 78/mo.

    2015 taxes were 7,000

    Not in a flood zone (legal disclaimer this is florida it may behoove you to get some anyway) 

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 278 votes
    10y

    This sounds right up my alley, but I wont be ready until September. My VA loan would fit this bill.

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 467 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    @Aaron T.

    You can get a VA loan on this? really? Just haven't seen it before.

    Shoot me a message maybe we can make it happen in Sept. There are worse things for the owner than taking home 8400x$ while waiting.

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 278 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Devon Garbus:

    @Aaron T.

    You can get a VA loan on this? really? Just haven't seen it before.

    Shoot me a message maybe we can make it happen in Sept. There are worse things for the owner than taking home 8400x$ while waiting.

    Yes sir. The VA will loan on up to a four unit building. In Tampa full eligibility for that would be 880k, with 0 down. You just have to owner occ one unit.

    I thought about building my own 4unit, 2/2s. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 467 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    You'd have to be a primary in the building right? How can we work around that with it being occupied?

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 278 votes
    10y

    The VA only stipulation is that it is a Owner Occ. so you would have the occupy one of the 3 units.

    I don't know it would cash flow after occupying it and zero down with a VA loan, but you would live close to free. Someone would have to run the numbers. I would use at least $200-230 for water. I am at $130 for Tampa water in my duplex in Palma ceria with two males occupying.

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 278 votes
    10y

    I ran the numbers in the calc, and turned up around $400 cash flow per month with an owner occ.

    Its a great deal for someone who has full VA eligibility. They could live for free in SOHO and still cash flow. The beauty is that maintenance and CAPEX will be low if everything is new. moreover, your Cash on cash return is infinite if you don't put any money in the deal, so if you planned to put 20% (160k) you would buy another rental, fund someone elses deal, buy a note, etc... options are endless.

    Devon, shoot me a pm with where this is at. I know of a few other 4plex in my area next to to the golf course that are sitting as a skeleton.

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 467 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    this is Hyde park. Email me I'll send you the address. [email protected]

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 467 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    if you want to wholesale those empty quads let me know

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 119 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    I have a condo in south tampa that would be ideal for an exchange into this. Can you send me information and pictures to [email protected]? 

  • Non-Real Estate Sales · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    This would be out of my range right now but I'm interested in S. Tampa duplex/triplexes if anyone hears of anything coming down the wire.

  • Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    @Devon Garbus I am VERY interested. Is this still available?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.