I Want to Work for You on Weekends

I Want to Work for You on Weekends

Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes

Hi BP,

I am a new investor and, after researching the past six months, I am ready to get my hands dirty and jump into real estate investing and development.

I am looking for a real estate investor or developer who is willing to let me work under them as a mentee on weekends. In return I will make an immediate positive impact on your team and grow your real estate business.

I am hoping, more specifically, to gain in-depth knowledge and experience regarding how to find and evaluate potential deals, structuring deals, and development in general.

I have the following to offer:

  • Strong analytical background and experience
  • High capacity to learn and work
  • Will not cause problems

I currently live in the Arlington, VA / Washington, DC metro area.

Any opportunities or references would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

1Reply
4 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y

@Nick Arthor  contact commercial brokerages in your area and see if they have an apprentice or summer college type plan

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Nick Arthor  contact commercial brokerages in your area and see if they have an apprentice or summer college type plan

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Nick Arthor good luck on your search. what types of deals are you looking for specifically?

  • Investor · Big Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 59 votes
    10y

    It's probably going to be hard finding an investor that wants to take you under their wing because that would mean they would have to work full time managing and training you. The good news is you found BP. There is so much information on this site and so many experienced people that if you post a question you should find the answer. Good luck though.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Nick Arthor

    Welcome. 

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com Here you can find someone to work with.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Jay Hinrichs That's a great idea. Hopefully they will have opportunities where I can work on the weekends as I have a full-time job. Did you find being a broker help you transition to becoming a developer?

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Brandon L. Thank you for the well wishes. I am mainly looking for small multi-family (2-4 unit) deals but am open to going bigger. As a mentee, the types of deals wouldn't matter as much as the learning opportunity.

    @Paul Timmins Thanks Paul, I love the idea of meeting people at REIA meetings. I will look in the area for the next meet ups.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.